13 posts
Page 1 of 1
We lost one of the fader caps on our SL32 Series 3 (chanel 32 to be exact). Can someone please point us in the right direction where to purcahse a replacement slider (hopefully on line)? Actually, we want to buy 5 of them and keep some spares. Thanks.
AJ
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:39 am
Hi and welcome :)

Have a look here
by Trucky on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:40 am

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by wahlerstudios on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 am
by KETRON on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:07 pm
Thanks a zillion guys. This was quick!!

On the technical side, on the old Studiolive 24.4.2, when you created a SUBGROUP, the levels of each instrument was determined by the way the levels were set for the MAIN mix. In the new StudioLive 23 series 3, is this still the same, or for a SUBGROUP, you can have an independent mix than that of the main (when I say SubGroup, I am refering to the dedicated SubOut (A-D).

Idea is to be able to e.g. connect a subwoofer to SUBA and pass only Bass and Kick to the sub (and consequently out of the mains output), but be able to mix for the MAINS and this SubGroup - else if a change is made in the main mix, we have to remember to always come back to the SUBMIX and make the same change. How do we set up such that whatever mix is made in the mains affects the SUBA-D outputs as well?

Thanks again .. we are getting our mixer tomorrow :-)
by wahlerstudios on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:31 pm
Subgroups are subgroups. Yesterday, today, forever... ;-)

There is only the SL32 (from the "old" Series III), which has physical outputs for the "fixed subgroups" A to D. SL24 and SL16 do have the four fixed mono subgroups (can be linked), but no physical outputs. You will need to use the output of one of the 10 or 16 flex mixes. "Flex mix" means that the mix can be an aux mix, a subgroup or a matrix mix. You can link flex mixes 1+2, 3+4 etc. or use linked and unlinked mixes in any combination.

Aux mixes and matrixes have the options of prefade (Pre1, Pre2) and postfade settings. Subgroups are selectable, which means that you can select individual channels like kick and toms and bass to be members of the subgroup.

The move from a classic StudioLive mixer to a Series III mixer is quite a big step, so take your time to get to know the new mixer. There are worlds between the mixers...
by KETRON on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:04 am
Thanks.

One more question ... for now.
When updating the mixer with the latest software, must we go in sequece (ie not skip any previous update and update with the next OS above what is currently in the mixer) or is it possible to simply update from whatever OS is currently installed now to the latest OS?

Thanks again guys.

AJ
by wahlerstudios on Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:05 am
The process of updating firmware has evolved over the years and for the Series III there has been no drastic "cut" yet. Just do the update. Everything should be fine.
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:15 am
Do make sure you save all your important scenes and settings to your computer before upgrading. Better safe than sorry. And read the release notes, also of the upgrades you skip.
by KETRON on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:06 am
Thanks .... I guess my question is... if I skip 2 updates and get just the latest, will I have the content of the 2 that I skipped or do I have to update those 2 first then the latest?
by wahlerstudios on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 am
If you get a Series III mixer with the original firmware, you can update it to the latest (firmware v2 is coming today or tomorrow) directly. This goes the same for all versions in between. Actually it is recommended to go back to the very first firmware and then load the latest firmware IF the mixer shows any sincere functionality problems.

This is/was different with the classic and AI mixers, also because of several basic changes within firmware and software.
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 pm
KETRON wroteThanks .... I guess my question is... if I skip 2 updates and get just the latest, will I have the content of the 2 that I skipped or do I have to update those 2 first then the latest?
No, an update replaces the complete firmware with a new version. So by installing the latest version you'll be 100% up-to-date.
by KETRON on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:01 pm
Just installed Ver.2 Now time to dig into the board (12:56am) :-)

13 posts
Page 1 of 1