5 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I own a studiolive AI ( what is that version 2?) and I like it and i use it live two or three times a week, I record (capture) off of it and use it with FireWire 800 on a MacBook and it is literally the bees knees. I love everything about it and the ease with which I can record live audio

So my uncle got a SL3 (the one with the touchscreen) and it’s been a really taxing weekend.

1st question
is there a button that I could push on the mixer to bring back all of my recorded tracks back to the corresponding track/fader on the mixer? This is after have recorded my tags and I’m happy with my audio in studio live and I want to be able to hear them play back

On my old studio live board this happened with the click of a button, I cannot believe that they took that button off of the new mixer.

Right now I am having to change the output of each track to the corresponding output/channel number (ie read manually)
by golishevsky on Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:44 am
may be use 2 scenes that are the same, but in the recall function, select only digital patching

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG
by Trucky on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:20 am
See section 7.4 (the Recall button loads the saved session and engages all the SD channel returns...) of the StudioLive Series III Owner's Manual:

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/StudioLive_Series_III_OwnersManual_EN_14052018.pdf

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by YYR123 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:46 pm
Guys thanks a lot for the input, I will look into those suggestions
by wahlerstudios on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 am
I am not really sure if the answers can be helpful and make you find a solution. What was actually your question? Routing? Naming? Processing?

Routing can not be the problem, because Capture does not allow free patching. Track 1 is routed to channel 1 and track 32 is routed to channel 32. To hear the tracks on a console/rack mixer, you need to change the input source of the mixer from Analog to USB (Series III) or Digital (AI Family). All Capture files are compatbile, at least within their generations (1 ore 2).

Naming was introduced with "Active Integration" aka AI. Mixer and software "talk" to each other. If you have given names to the channels on the mixer, Capture will "adopt" these names when it boots up and gets ready for recording. If you open a Capture session, you can tell your mixer to "read" the track names for the mixer's input channels. This button has not disappeared, but there are cases where it doesn't show up. Normally the missing button(s) indicate that computer and mixer have no audio connection (USB, FireWire). Naming can and will not work over network.

Processing belongs to the "scene" of a Capture session, which is a second file in your recording folder. The purpose of this invention in the AI times was to be able to "transfer" the processing done/stored during the recording to Studio One, when you load the whole session for further editiing and processing. Since then Studio One has its own Fat Channel as plug-in. On the mixers you would normally use a mixer scene for this purpose, which allows you act independent from Capture. A "scene" has more and better options. Think of phantom power...

Loading old scenes and sound settings is problematical, because the mixers have changed over the years and do not necessarily share their settings. It is always better to start from the scratch and keep your mixer as close to the factory adjustments as possible.

This does NOT refer to the Capture scenes. Any track order, any segments and cuts are stored in the Capture file and can be recalled on any computer. The built-in Capture of the Series III consoles (SD card) is restricted in its functionality. i haven't really looked into this because I would use SC card only for live recording.

Loading a Capture recording session always places the tracks in the order they were recorded. But there might be a configuration problem on a 16R, because by construction there will not show up more than 16 tracks. It is possible to move the 34 tracks and arrange them in a different order. For doing this all 34 or 36 tracks must be available (no linked tracks allowed).

The involved Capture and UC Surface versions do not need to be the latest and greatest, but they must be compatible. You can find all versions on the download pages.

There are some changes coming with Capture 3.0 for Series III mixers. There is more to read and to see on the product page.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1