22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I know people are asking... but can someone possibly offer some type of idea as the WHEN? I was geeked about the new console... and pre-ordered two years ago. Unfortunately... I'm still sitting here waiting for these two items to be incorporated so I can THINK about using it in my studio... Still great for line... but I need the STUDIO part too!

How about it?
by wahlerstudios on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am
There was the same question asked in "Answers" a few days ago: "Studiolive III - When will the 44.1khz an the DAW (HUI/MCU) support come?" (https://answers.presonus.com/36229/stud ... pport-come) and the answer of a representative of PreSonus was: "Both of these requests are currently in private Beta, there is no time frame to give you for their release."

As we all know, "currently" and "soon" are very special terms in the PreSonus sphere.

:mrgreen:
by wahlerstudios on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:01 am
You can now find the "Series III DAW Mode / 44.1kHz Sample Rate Beta" here:

viewforum.php?f=397
by wahlerstudios on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:14 pm
103 downloads of the beta firmware for all six mixer models within six days seems to be a figure which can be improved, so I bump this post up. ;) If you are interested in giving feedback to PreSonus, you need to join the FaceBook group created for this purpose.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:10 am
381 downloads now...
by wahlerstudios on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:55 pm
482 downloads...
by wahlerstudios on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:22 am
529 downloads...
by wahlerstudios on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:01 am
548 downloads...
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:45 pm
For the ones who can't wait… Here are videos about the extended DAW mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSp0ijYOHvY (Logic Pro)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46gsG96sYvI (ProTools)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxfl9j7LdfM (Studio One)
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am
Version 2 of most of the betas are now online. The new address is viewforum.php?f=398. You need to be logged in for access.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:46 pm
The two manuals are online now in the public download area of the Series III consoles, so all we are waiting for now is Apple and the release of the new version of UC Surface. I guess we will see the official release in the "NAMM week".
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm
As it was easy to foresee, PreSonus has released UC 2.10 with the start of NAMM 2019, meaning that MCU/HUI support for Series III Consoles and 44.1kHz support for all Series III mixers is now available. The Series III mixers were introduced on January 19, 2017, DAW mode for Studio One was released in January 2018. In addition to the "Milestone" release notes, PreSonus has published some more information in the blog of their web site: http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2019 ... ilable-now. Three bug fixes are worth mentioning, especially the solution for Android users of UC Surface and QMix-UC.
by fernandogaspar on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm
Hello
I updated my Studio live mixer to the latest firmware, this to put all the input gains from the mixer scenes to 0db. It is not necessarily serious, but I had spent a lot of time to adjust everything correctly and now I have to start all over again! Was it the same thing for you? (I hope my message is quite clear because I am French and I use an automatic translation).
by wahlerstudios on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:17 pm
The new firmware has not changed anything related to gains and scenes can be recalled as they were stored. But you should check if gains are selected to be recalled when loading a scene.

If this does not bring back your settings, you should check if loading of scenes works at all. Load the Zero Out scene, change a few gains and store this as a new scene. Then load Zero Out again (with all buttons selected, maybe except +48V) and check if the gains are back to zero. Then load the new scene you have stored and check if it shows the gains you have set.

Another way of testing would be to ONLY recall/load the gains of a scene.

Which mixer are you using?
by fernandogaspar on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 pm
Bonjour, thank you for your help.

The new firmware has not changed anything related to gains and scenes can be recalled as they were stored. But you should check if gains are selected to be recalled when loading a scene.

My scenes are well loaded in the state where I stored them, except the gains that are at 0dB.

Then load Zero Out again (with all buttons selected, maybe except +48V) and check if the gains are back to zero. Then load the new scene you have stored and check if it shows the gains you have set.

I did everything you say and everything works perfectly.

Which mixer are you using?

It's a StudioLive 16 Series III
by wahlerstudios on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Thanks for your response. Maybe this can help further: Gains also depend on the selected input source. By default "Pre" (Gain) is set to 0 dB, when "Analog" is selected as input source for that particular channel. If "Network" is selected, you see "(Dig.) Gain" set at 12 o'clock and 0.0 dB. This is because in a network you have to decide which mixer or stagebox will control the preamps. Gain can become "Gain Compensation" then.

If I understand you right, the mixer works normal and you can save and recall gain settings. If your old scenes show up with gains set to 0 dB (the know fully turned to trhe left), they must have been stored with this setting. I can think of no other explanation. It is not possible to store individual settings. When you save a scene, EVERYTHING is stored, but you have the choice to recall/load individual settings.

It looks like you have to save your scenes with newly adjusted gains again. A good chance to think which scenes to keep and which ones to delete... ;-)
by fernandogaspar on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:15 am
wahlerstudios wroteIt looks like you have to save your scenes with newly adjusted gains again. A good chance to think which scenes to keep and which ones to delete... ;-)

Yes you are right, that's what I'm going to do.

I have another question: now we can choose the sampling rate at 44.1 or 48khz, OK.
But what is the advantage or for which precise use choose 44.1 or 48khz?
Thank you for your help. ;)
by roblof on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:44 am
Soundwise it should be hard to hear any difference between 44k1 and 48k.

If your audio will end up in video or similar multimedia then you should go with 48k since this the native audio format for video.

Avoid projects with different sample rates as this can bite you over time, so settle for one format if you can. I have settled for 48k nowadays.

fernandogaspar wroteI have another question: now we can choose the sampling rate at 44.1 or 48khz, OK.
But what is the advantage or for which precise use choose 44.1 or 48khz?
Thank you for your help. ;)

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by wahlerstudios on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:30 am
44.1 and 48 kHz also affect the "resolution" of your mixer's processing, so 48 kHz is the better choice and 96 kHz would be even better. For recording this looks different. Only young people are able to really hear the difference.. ;-)
by fernandogaspar on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm
Thank you both for these details.
So I will stay in 48Khz as well for live broadcast as for recording with Studio One.

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2