6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was trying to get the transport buttons of my SL16 working for Capture (USB), but none of the known tricks made it. DAW mode was functioning right away, just Capture does not show up as software in UCNET. I am using the latest Capture version. Does anybody have an idea why Capture is not found by the SL16? Is this a bug..? Otherwise Capture works fine. I can play and record tracks; just the control buttons can not be used.

On CS/RM, Capture and Studio One automatically showed up in UCNET. Nothing is different now, just Firewire was replaced by USB.

Attachments
DSCN2676_800.jpg
by matthewgorman on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:00 pm
It needs a network connection from PC to control port on the SL3. Straight USB to computer will not give you transport control.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wahlerstudios on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:16 pm
I know and that's what I meant by "known tricks". Capture does not show up in wired and wireless network connections - Studio One does...
by wahlerstudios on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am
Thanks to Jonny Doyle from support team this subject is solved. There is no Capture Transport Control on the Series II mixers available for Capture on a computer. It just/only works for SD card. This is "current design". If somebody would like to make a feature request, feel free. The request will probably see no votes up, because it's such an unimportant detail. The transport control buttons do work for Studio One. It would have been nice to see this also for Captrue, as it is the case when you use a CS18AI/RM32AI combination.
by robgrigg on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:17 pm
I also think this is a missing piece and it wordes well with the CS18AI and the RML.
After buying my way out of that wrong turn I am surprised that even those features are not supported on the new S3.

The Capture feature on the desk is a good touch but its functionality is too limited to enable anything other than recording a full live session. This weekend I tried to use it for a new band, fresh session and I gave up.

Capture on the PC is much better, but the lack of the transport controls and the inability to switch the arming for playback make this harder than it used to be.

What puzzles me is why this is hard. They must have the code already to do this.

I don't like recording to S1 as ~I find it too hard for a simple recording session but I do use it for overdubs and mixing. I must say the S3 S1 support is great.

Anyway, I did create a feature request for this so head there and give it the thumbs up.

https://answers.presonus.com/38066/stud ... 066#q38066

failing this, is there a detailed guide on recording with S1?

R.
by PAE Seth on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:53 pm
We know. Just hasn't made it in yet. No need for a feature request.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower

6 posts
Page 1 of 1