9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone else having a problem with Qmix UC on android phones sharing a mix?

Two of my band members have Android phones. They both show up in the Device Permissions window. However, when I change the Mix allowed on one phone, it changes it for both phones.

What I want is: Phone A is allowed Aux 3/4. Phone B is allowed Aux 5/6. (I use stereo mixes).

If I set Phone A to Aux 3/4, it changes Phone B to the same Aux 3/4.
If I then set Phone B to Aux 5/6, it changes Phone A to Aux 5/6.

I can't seem to have the 2 phones on different mixes. Obviously this is not great, as the performers can't be adjusting each other's mixes.

I'm on a 32R, latest firmware and latest software on everything, as far as I know. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
by matteocucarollo1 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:46 am
I have the same problem.
Any solutions?
Maybe a bug of the last firmware update, or the last app update?
by johnjeffers on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:55 pm
Does anyone in Presonus support read these forums? I can't find any info about this problem in the support area, and it's basically impossible for me to get the problematic phones and the mixer all in one place to call support during business hours.
by sjc193 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 pm
johnjeffers wroteDoes anyone in Presonus support read these forums? I can't find any info about this problem in the support area, and it's basically impossible for me to get the problematic phones and the mixer all in one place to call support during business hours.

No, support, or any Presonus staff, do not regularly read the Forums. This is just for asking help from other USERS. I don't have any Android phones so I can't help ya or I would. . .

To get help from Presonus support, you want to start a support ticket which you can do through your MyPresonus account. I don't recommmend calling support because of long wait times, but writing the ticket through the web usually gets you a reply fairly quickly.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by johnjeffers on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I opened a ticket. I'll post back here if they come up with a fix.
by timbush on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 am
Having the same issues. Just started after the last update for QMix.
by johnjeffers on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:16 pm
No fix, but a workaround. Instead of granting access to a specific aux, grant access to all auxes. Then make sure that the users of the android phones have selected their correct aux.

Of course, the risk of this workaround is that someone will accidentally select the wrong aux and start adjusting someone else's mix. But it's better than the alternative.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 pm
There is now an official answer of PreSonus: "This is a known issue and we are working to address it."

Can't get separate mixes on Android Qmix UC
https://answers.presonus.com/35902/cant ... id-qmix-uc.
by andythomas1 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:23 am
2.10.0 and QMix-UC 2.4.0
It has come to our attention that UC Surface 2.10 and QMix-UC 2.6 is not working for some Android 6.0 customers. We are aware of the issue and are working on an update to be addressed in the next update.

You can revert to the previous release you may so by downloading the previously available APK versions here:

UC Surface 2.9.2 build 49805
This release will not allow switching from 48kHz to 44.1kHz
QMix-UC 2.4.0 build 45212

I just got the info from Presonus South Africa. Reuben Thomas (no relation) found this for me.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... x-UC-2-4-0

9 posts
Page 1 of 1