18 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have an SLIII24 console and a bunch of Fat Channel plugin licenses in my account but I can't seem to find a way to authorize those to the mixer.

The console is in a fixed installation and there's no way to access the internet at this location - no WiFi nor wired connection. Believe it or not, this is still possible in this day and age :evil:

In my account, when I click on the add-ons I have, there's a button that says OFFLINE ACTIVATION. When I click on it, I can download a license file - but what do I do with it??? Drag-n-drop to UCSurface doesn't work and there's nothing in the manual...

Is this possible?
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:47 am
Checking for this now. Stay tuned

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:51 am
Are the plugs installed on the mixer, or are you only seeing them in UC?

Can you activate on the PC through UC with network access, then plug that PC into the mixer?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by fripholm on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:14 am
matthewgorman wroteAre the plugs installed on the mixer, or are you only seeing them in UC?

Yes, I was able to install them via drag n drop to UC but can't authorize.

Can you activate on the PC through UC with network access, then plug that PC into the mixer?

When I have internet access, I'm not near the mixer and UC can only run in demo mode (because the mixer isn't connected). The demo mode doesn't even include the SLIII24 I have.
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:31 am
Ok, I'll keep digging

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:33 am
To get around the demo. Download both installer and license file. Then when you are connected to the mixer, do the install and offline.

It may be a good idea to open a support ticket for this, due to the circumstances and logistics of this issue.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by fripholm on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am
matthewgorman wroteTo get around the demo. Download both installer and license file. Then when you are connected to the mixer, do the install and offline.

I have all the files on the computer that is connected to the mixer (but doesn't have internet access when it is). The install worked fine but the add-ons can not be activated. When I click on AUTHORIZE in UC Surface the program tries to connect to the internet but obviously fails to do so and aborts. The downloaded license files are not recognized by UC, it just does nothing when I drag them into the window. And I can't seem to find any other way. Why isn't this in the manual? :thumbdown:

It may be a good idea to open a support ticket for this, due to the circumstances and logistics of this issue.

Might be worth a try. Thanks!
by fripholm on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:52 am
Opened a support ticket and the short and very disappointing answer is:

Plugin offline authorization is not possible for SLIII series consoles :x
by wahlerstudios on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:37 am
The Knowledge Base features two articles, which are helpful to understand the subject. It has always been obvious that the authorization of plug-ins need internet access, because you need to log in to your PreSonus account. Aren't there many possibilites to use "mobile internet" nowadays...? ;-)

StudioLive Series III - Fat Channel Plugin Installation
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003518232-StudioLive-Series-III-Fat-Channel-Plugin-Installation

StudioLive Series III - Fat Channel Plugin Activation
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003518892-StudioLive-Series-III-Fat-Channel-Plugin-Activation
by matthewgorman on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:45 am
Maybe an out of the box solution. My mobile carrier of choice is Sprint (I am in US), and my cell phone can be a mobile hotspot. I am able to activate hotspot service through sprint and cancel same service, and only pay for the prorated time I had it in use. Not sure how other carriers work, and what country you are in, but maybe that would work?

Activate the hotspot on your phone on a day you are going to be with the mixer. Connect the laptop to the phones hotspot via wifi, and complete to authorization. Call carrier the next day and cancel the hotspot service.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by sjc193 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 am
I just bought a 50 foot ethernet cable at wallmart.

Since my computer is rack mounted with no wifi built in, sometimes I will open the rack while it's still in the van, then run the ethernet and power cables through the window of the living room and plug it into my router LAN to do updates. Saves hauling the rack up the steps into the house!

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by bogarguzman on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:53 am
@fripholm
I think this has been taking much time for you, than just unplugging the cables of the mixer, taking it out to where you have internet, plug the mixer to your computer or laptop and finally with UC authorize your plugins.
Bringing your mixer back to studio and plug again the cables, DONE.

Simple and fast.

If this does not work for you, then it seems the mixer has different serial number than the one you have registered, or you have not register yet your mixer into your account.
Other than this, shouldn't be a problem. Unless, you say that your screwed the mixer into a table or box, not to be moved, even if it needs service.

Hope you solved your plugin authorization, fast.

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
32 GB RAM
Studiolive 32 series III firmware 2.01.16038
Studio One Pro
by fripholm on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:12 pm
Sorry for not getting back earlier!

I have solved the issue by putting my cellphone into USB tethering mode and connect it to my laptop which was also connected to the mixer. This way the laptop had internet access and I could authorize the plugins. Traffic was only a couple kilobytes.

Still I think it's a shame there's no offline activation...
by miotaalas on Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:25 am
This is still an issue... I HAVE internet connection, I HAVE authorized the plugins online and UC has my credentials to my presonus account... and still, every single time I power down the mixer and boot it back up, it loses all the plugins and I can't re authorize them no matter what I do.

Only thing that works is to factory reset the mixer, install firmware updates, install plugins and authorize them and then it works... UNTIL NEXT REBOOT!!!

This is utterly maddening!

This is a HARDWARE DEVICE!

One buys one to get reliability, not this BS.

Stop it!

(Mixer Series III 32SC)
by wahlerstudios on Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:06 pm
The two articles in Knowledge Base might be helpful, even if they look a little older. The process still is the same. What can be helpful (and what is not mentioned in the articles) is to delete all plug-ins and then restart the mixer. Then load and install the plug-ins again. Authorization is normally not needed, the plug-ins should now work and stay. I strongly recommend to zero out the mixer first (reset of project, reset of scene, reset of Digital Patching).

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/s ... el-Plugins
by miotaalas on Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:10 am
wahlerstudios wroteI strongly recommend to zero out the mixer first (reset of project, reset of scene, reset of Digital Patching).

I've done COMPLETE factory reset of the mixer, installed firmware again from SD-card (properly formatted using sdcard.org tool, add firmware file to it, eject properly, install to mixer, install firmware) to make sure USB-connection isn't a suspect, and it worked a few times, now it doesn't anymore. And plugins are just GONE, permanently!

After it happened again immediately after console reboot, tried to do the same process, but it doesn't work anymore. Plugins just stay unauthorized, no matter what.

After that I've tried different USB-ports, different cables, different computers, different internet connections, deleted and reinstalled the plugins through Universal Control, re-installed Universal Control after deleting all traced of any Presonus software and drivers... nothing.

I've wasted over 12 hours over a few days trying to get this to work, but nothing works anymore.

There's something seriously wrong with either the Universal Control, firmware of the mixer or your authorization servers that prevents my mixer from authorizing the plugins after I reboot the console.

This means our broadcast production for today is going out with a mixer that's not working properly and it hampers my ability as an audio technician to do my job. I cannot trust this device for the life of me and it needs to be replaced with a manufacturer that makes something reliable.

This isn't how mixer should work. And I now realize why Presonus mixers aren't something I've ever seen before in any other production environment or studio I've been into.

It felt weird, since at first glance your mixers do the job, but spend more time with them in critical production environment as I have done the past 3 months, and the cracks start to appear. Some that are benign and you can work around even if it's not optimal in the least, but others are not so much.

Great for small bands and small stages, or home recording studios... but as they stand at this moment, I wouldn't recommend them outside of those use cases.

I'm going to write a full support ticket with screenshots, exact version numbers of all software and hardware involved and exact process steps that I've done.

But it's going to take a few days at least, or longer since I don't have the time this weekend (this all started to happen on Friday 27.08.2021 after the desk had worked just fine for weeks after the initial install and configuration on the same system, nothing has changed in the environment since the initial setup) and I can't be bothered to do that on my days off that I have quite few and far between.

Sorry for the anger, it's just inconceivable to me that any company would release something that can do something like this. These are meant for production environments aren't they (FOH, music studios, broadcast studios etc.)? Reliability should be primary concern! :(
by wahlerstudios on Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:31 am
You may want to have a look at this post from the "Plugins Gone Again" thread. Disconnecting USB was the solution here, besides deleting plug-ins and restarting the mixer before installing them again.

viewtopic.php?p=267450#p267450
by PAE Seth on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 am
If you are using Sphere Subscription to get the Plugins, this may also be part of the problem.

Please contact support. You're not the only one to run into this and they may have a workaround.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower

18 posts
Page 1 of 1