6 posts
Page 1 of 1
recently updated firmware and uc. running a show and all is fine. end of the night I played back some of the recording from the night from the sd card. was playing through entire system including mix 1-4. muted mixes went back to main and unmuted main. it unmuted the auxs. shut down brought back to house. hooked up mixer with mains and mix 1-4. Ran Bluetooth to the tape in channel. mains work fine. no audio from any of the mix outputs. it is registering on the board but no signal to amps. tried diff cables, auxes are routed properly etc..
when you mute the auxes and unmute the main it unmutes the auxes. when you select an aux mix and mute and unmute it passes audio to the main and the aux fader controls the volume. seems to be lower volume than main.
I have zeroed out the board, scenes, did not save a back up of existing scenes. started off fresh. same problem. anyone had this issue and have a fix?
by Trucky on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:37 pm
Aux and Mains (with/without mutes) are working correctly for me on my Series III 32 (v1.9.14636) while playing back mix from SD card.

Here's a few questions:

Which Series III?
What specific firmware & UC versions are you running?
Are you using the Mains (XLR) or Monitors (TRS) Outs?
Are your Digital Sends set to Post Fader?

Please list your steps so we can replicate them correctly:

etc.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jdgauthier1174 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:27 pm
I have a studio live Series III 16 channel. I usually don't use a computer with this set up but all are the most current versions available on the website at the time. was using the onboard recorder. Digital sends set to post fader.
using all xlr outputs on mains and monitors.

I was on firmware version 1.6.13152 when this happened. No computer hooked up at all. I noticed it when I went to do some play back from the SD card. It was the end of the night so I just packed it up.

I finished the show. recorded 13 tracks or so to the sd card. No computer hooked up.
went to sound check. muted all of the auxes and main.

Hit play and unmuted the mains and all of the auxes came out of unmute.

muted them again and same thing. once I unmuted the mains the auxes followed.

brought home to replicate and basically the same thing except no audio passing through aux mixes with a live mic hooked up.

I attempted to zero out scene several times based on another article. it did not fix it.

I updated computer to UC 2.8.0.48821 hooked up console via USB

I attempted to update to Firmware 1.9.14366 and it would not recognize it needed an update from the previous version.

The factory reset fixed the items I am still having issues downloading the new firmware. says disc image is corrupted. I have changed to a new sd card and different computer. Says disc image is corrupted when I try to open it? are their issues with 1.9.14366 firmware?

one problem solved now trying to figure out another one. will try again tonight.
thanks
Dalton
by Trucky on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:06 pm
The firmware version you should download and install is 1.9.14636. It's a critical update that's available in your My.PreSonus account. Just download it and unzip the file to your computer. Due to issues you're having with your SD media I would recommend using the Universal Control "drag and drop method" for install.

Here's a link that walks you through the process. The only thing different is you'll be installing the 1.9.14636 release for the SIII 16:

https://youtu.be/8r3E8EGl3Wc?t=113

Here's also some helpful SD card info for SIII mixers:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000219906-Which-SDHC-Card-should-be-used-with-SL-Series-III-Consoles-

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by jdgauthier1174 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 pm
Thanks for the help. All is working great now update took. Thank you!
by Trucky on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm
You're welcome! Glad to hear everything is working for you now!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1