4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Weird. I have a SLIII 32 and 32R (rack). Neither unit has this problem when operated separately. The problem occurs when the two are connected by AVB and operating the 32R in stagebox mode.

When running something through channel 1 on the 32R, neither the channel 1 fader or the mute button on the 32 console can silence the sound coming out of the mains on the 32R (or when coming from the 32 console). This problem is only with channel 1.

I've performed a master reset of the digital patching several times and that doesn't help. I suspect that this problem has something to do with the digital patching, but I don't see anything amiss. I did not have this problem before the digital patching was added to the firmware, but I can't really say when it started. I'm using firmware 1.8 on both.

Any thoughts before I submit a ticket?

Mark

Mark
by emanuelgreen on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:23 pm
I experienced a similar situation today at church. I couldn't mute or control volume with channel fader. Except it was channel 9 on mixer being sourced from AVB 1 from 24R rack mixer. That is routed for AVB inputs 1-8, 17-24, and 25-32. I have AVB inputs 9-16 routed to a NSB 8.8. The rack mixer is in stagebox mode. I have AVB outputs 49-56 routed to the NSB 8.8. Yesterday it didn't do that when I was setting up soft patching.

Possibly my error was that I setup a pair of flex mixes as a stereo subgroup to use as a FX mix for an earmix 16m. I routed an FX return to the subgroup so that the musician can have some reverb in his earmix. I realized later on during service the subgroup was being routed to the mains. I could also hear effects coming into the mains even though the FX bus return faders were turned down all the way. When I took subgroup out of mains I could control the effects with the console mixer fx return faders. I say all of this because the FX bus I was using had his vocal mic which is channel 9 on mixer routed to it. Maybe that had something to do with it. I couldn't confirm.

There could just be something wrong with the AVB input patching.

I am currently using the latest beta firmware v1.9.14636.

Hope we can find a solution to this problem.
by markgreiner on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:01 pm
I submitted a ticket. PreSonus instructed me to zero out the board (scene) after saving a backup. When I did, the problem went away. When I recalled the backup, the problem returned. Apparently the scene was corrupted. I zeroed about the board again and I'm good to go.

Mark

Mark
by emanuelgreen on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:36 pm
Thanks for the update. Looks like I will be zeroing out the board as well. I believe I may have a corrupt scene file. To bad I have to remix all the channels and everything. Will it be safe to save channel settings as presets to a computer and upload them to a new zero scene?

Emanuel

4 posts
Page 1 of 1