9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Initially, I was able to adjust the gain of the preamp. It was designated as "pre"
And now on some channels it is not available.
Instead, there is only "d.gain" or in the new version uc surface - just "gain". Adjustment is digital gain.
I need to adjust the gain "pre",
I constantly have to work with different sources of sound.
How do I return the adjustment "pre" ?

Снимок экрана 2018-05-24 в 19.42.11.png
Снимок экрана 2018-05-24 в 19.42.11.png (17.89 KiB) Viewed 7314 times

This rotary on some channels, for reasons unknown to me, was named "gain" and performs another function.

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG
by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 am
In my experience, the digital gain shows up when a rack mixer is configured as a monitor mixer to be in use with a console. That will give the rack mixer preamp control for setting monitor levels. The digital gain is used at FOH when you need more gain for the main mix.

What firmware are you on? I know there were some issues that were fixed regarding some anomalies in this scenario

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by golishevsky on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:33 pm
matthewgorman wroteIn my experience, the digital gain shows up when a rack mixer is configured as a monitor mixer to be in use with a console. That will give the rack mixer preamp control for setting monitor levels. The digital gain is used at FOH when you need more gain for the main mix.

What firmware are you on? I know there were some issues that were fixed regarding some anomalies in this scenario

on all versions of the firmware the problem is the same.
The mixer works in the foh mode of the mixer. Events - performances of live bands on different venues, with a different set of microphones and different configurations of musicians.

if you load the default scene, everything is fine, but with time the gain control of the preamp disappears, instead of it shows another rotary.

I do not know why the developers did not add to the program initially 2 separate rotary for pre gain and digital gain. it would be much more convenient

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG
by berdy24 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:32 pm
What is your current set up? Are you using a 32 R or other rack mixer configured with the console? Also where are you seeing it just say gain and not pre.... is it on the rack mixer or on the console? That would allow me to better assess and give you some ideas.
by golishevsky on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 am
I use 24R as mobile FOH mixer
this problem - in firmware in mixer, in all version f/w

I do not need to adjust D.gain, I need to always have access to preamp gain (pre) of chanel
But I can not adjust it, because it is not displayed

Technical support on this forum deliberately ignores these messages, or just does not read them
I purchased this mixer, and for 4 months of use I was very disappointed in it.

by matthewgorman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 am
Technical support on this forum deliberately ignores these messages, or just does not read them
I purchased this mixer, and for 4 months of use I was very disappointed in it.

This forum is maintained and run by users. If you need a specific response, then I suggest either a support ticket, or in the case of the series 3 mixers currently, you can post in the public beta forum. Those are the only 2 places for an official response from Presonus.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by SwitchBack on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am
golishevsky wroteI use 24R as mobile FOH mixer

I do not need to adjust D.gain, I need to always have access to preamp gain (pre) of chanel

What’s connected to those inputs? When you use an input as a line input then ‘pre’ changes to ‘gain’ because the (analog) preamp is bypassed. The line inputs only have digital gain control.
by golishevsky on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:54 pm
SwitchBack wrote
golishevsky wroteI use 24R as mobile FOH mixer

What’s connected to those inputs? When you use an input as a line input then ‘pre’ changes to ‘gain’ because the (analog) preamp is bypassed. The line inputs only have digital gain control.

Does not bypass! I perfectly adjust the gain level on the channels in which Jack connected!!.
Снимок экрана 2018-07-18 в 21.46.46.png

this is the scheme according to the data from the presonus. but I think that there everything is implemented a bit wrong. I spread one more image, I think that something similar is implemented, corrected for a slightly different mixer design.

Снимок экрана 2018-07-18 в 21.51.56.png
by SwitchBack on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 pm
I suggest you contact PreSonus Customer Support and let them explain to you how the preamps and line inputs on the Series III mixers work. Please let us know how that went.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1