7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Literally, don't try this at home...at least with any parameter that can cause large volume jumps.

Here's the set up. Studiolive 32 III Firmware 1.7.14047, Studio One 4.0 Demo (Tested 3.5.6 with same results), DAW mode, 2 mono tracks, both with the stock Presonus Compressor in insert slot one.

Say you're fiddling with the "Gain" on the first compressor and it's set relatively high, so you select the second channel. It switches the Fat Channel knobs to the second compressor. When you move the gain knob (now controlling the second compressor's gain, set at a lower setting than channel 1's compressor) it will "jump" up to the hotter gain setting from the first compressor before moving. This happens when moving the knob left or right, wholly negating the point of knob control and tweaking parameters. And the audio will jump right out of your speakers too. This is potentially VERY bad for anyone who doesn't want to be in the market for new speakers, methinks. I know I mix too loud, but that isn't the point.

This is not how this is supposed to work. The knob should "switch" to whatever value the newly selected parameter displays and start modifying the value relative to that. It should operate EXACTLY like the onscreen UCNETRemote. Tweak, select another channel, tweak relative to the NEW channel parameters, not the last settings that particular knob was set to.

Has it been this way with all of the SLIII DAW control firware? I don't recall...but this is a massive oversight if it has. I set up a bunch of Waves plugins for knob control and they all behave like this.
by Trucky on Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm
I just tried this and experienced similar erratic behavior using the setup you described. Please submit a support ticket (see below) for this if you haven't already. Thank you!

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by chuckgollnick on Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 pm
I have to assume that Presonus is very concerned about the quality of their product so that they watch this forum (which they host) like a hawk watching a rabbit and are already all over such a serious problem.
by garystone on Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am
Support ticket submitted. Thanks for the link.
by garystone on Tue May 29, 2018 7:46 pm
Heard back from PreSonus. This issue only seems to occur when dragging and copying a plug in from another channel. Thereby "duplicating" it. If you insert the same plug in from the browser or the "+", it works as it should.
by Trucky on Wed May 30, 2018 11:34 am
garystone wroteHeard back from PreSonus. This issue only seems to occur when dragging and copying a plug in from another channel. Thereby "duplicating" it. If you insert the same plug in from the browser or the "+", it works as it should.

Good to hear there's a workaround.

Did they say if this has been reported as a bug yet?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by PAE Seth on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:38 pm
I believe it has, but don't quote me.. :)

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower

7 posts
Page 1 of 1