4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I like to know why I must by Presonus AVB. Router, for a Prize about € 700 why should this one be better,. I have a Dlink. and by this for about € 60 . and this work perfekt
Can anyone tell me what are defferent for thise two ???

alf
Denmark.
by jpettit on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 pm
Dlink does not make an AVB Switch.
That's apples and oranges.

AVB is a protocol that is only supported by AVB dedicated switches.
Presonus offers 4 PoE 1 gigabit ports of AVB protocol for $399

Learn about Audio Video Bridging here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Bridging
http://www.electronicdesign.com/communi ... 20Nutshell

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sheriffen on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:08 am
My Dlink works perfekt. but I dont know anything about AVB Switch,
So what does it make ????
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:53 am
The "StudioLive_Series_III_AVB_Networking_Guide_19102017.pdf" explains everything in detail. A perfect addition is the "StudioLive_Series_III_Stagebox_Mode_Addendum_06102017.pdf".

You need to think of control and audio as separate tasks. The Series III mixers have ports for "Control" and "Audio Network". If you connect your router to "Control" and use dynamic addresses, you can use UC Surface on any device. I can't say it better than the Stagebox Addendum:

"Control: This is the primary communication between your StudioLive Series III rackmount mixer and your computer, iPad, or Android device. When networked
to your StudioLive, any device running UC Surface controls the mixers’ functions.

Audio: An AVB network connection enables routing audio to and from the StudioLive Series III rackmount mixer’s audio inputs and outputs with a StudioLive Series III console mixer in stagebox mode".

It should be added that the new stageboxes and the personal mixer are based on AVB features. They do not work as autonomous devices.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1