6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey neighbors - I have several odd/even pairs of Flexmixes set up as stereo aux sends, and everything looks right behind the board, but when I listen to my sends in headphones they are in mono. For example, I have FlexMix 3&4 in Aux mode and stereo linked, Aux Pre Mode is Pre2, and I have all four Stereo Link Options selected. I plug in a headphone amp and I've got mono.

thoughts? thanks
by jpettit on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:19 am
You have to also pan separation to 100% on Aux set up.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by salbert on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 am
Thanks jpettit! But this seems to only apply to FlexMixes that are set up as Subgroup or Matrix. There's no option for that when you are set for Aux.
by salbert on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 am
OK, it gets weird. To experiment, I set up one of my FlexMix pairs that feeds a pair of speakers in the performance room as Matrix, made sure the Stereo Width is at 100%, and it's still coming out mono. I have a CD player connected to one of the board's 2 stereo inputs, and it's clearly stereo through the control room speakers, or if I patch it into the performance room, but with an Aux send or Matrix send it's coming out mono. Also, if I choose that FlexMix pair to listen through my CR monitors, it's mono. Weird.
Last edited by salbert on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
by wahlerstudios on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:10 am
There is no special or general "option" for the buses and mixes. All panning is done on the individual input channels, separately for each bus/mix. It is a good tradition that all generations of StudioLive mixers have never copied stereo settings from the main bus to auxes, because you need to be able to adjust things different.

This can be a little tricky, if you don't know some details. Let's say you have linked auxes 1+2. Now you can pan all single input channels to any left, center and right position. If channels 9+10 come in as linked channels (e.g. for a keyboard or CD), pan is center position by default. You need to spread the pan by touching the stroke in the Pan Control window and move it to the right (or left). You immediately see the two "wings" expanding and you hear the signal in stereo.

Hope this helps.
by salbert on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:23 am
Overhead light bulb just went on - Thanks guys!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1