5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can I use Ilok licensed plugins in the mixer and record live sessions WITHOUT a Mac :shock: or pc???
Slate Digital , Waves, MCDP etchttps://forums.presonus.com/posting. ... ost&f=338#
by wahlerstudios on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am
Sorry, your link leads to nowhere, so I don't know what you are referring to. But anyway, it is not possible to use plug-ins with the mixer alone. It has 4 internal effect buses, which are used for Reverbs and Delays. As they were originally listed, Chorus and Flanger might be added sometime in the future, but this is just a guess,

Plug-ins need a DAW and DAWs need computers (or plug-ins need their own computer), so may I ask why you you want to have a different approach...?
by frankedwardcomolli on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 am
As far as I understand , the mixer has studio 1 3 incorporated and can be used as a DAW , using an SD card to save sessions to later transfer to a PC or Mac if desired. My interest lies in the preference of certain 3rd party plugins which I had hoped could be installed in the mixer DAW program..(Studio 1 2 ). This is my reason for my query,
Since there is no USB port it would not be possible since these plugins need an Ilok. and PreSonus support has informed me that no 3rd party plugins can be used..only the internal effects.

I am looking for a complete solution, within a reasonable budget, that iI could take on Gigs and have the same sound quality live , that I have in my studio sessions, without having to drag a Mac or any additional hardware with me.
My go to plugins are, Slate digital full pack, waves H-reverb, Izotope Nectar 2 -3, sonnox full pac, McDP full pack, Relab, which give me the flexible sound quality for each song.

My studio 1 3 stock plugins are great, and I use some of them now and again, but my best results are with these 3rd party plugins.
A new IMac Pro with all the whistles and bells,costs KR: 70000,00
The Presonus live series 3.16 cost KR 25000,00 ...my choice ...if it can fill the bill!!!
by wahlerstudios on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am
There is no Studio One built in a Series III mixer, just Capture for the SD recorder. Everything else is done via computer. It says in the feature list (http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-32/features):

* Onboard 34x34 SD recorder (using Capture)
* 38x38 USB recording interface
* 55x55 AVB recording interface

Maybe this is what you understood wrong: Your mixer comes with a free copy (download to your computer) of Studio One 3. With a StudioLive 32 you get Studio One Professional, the two other mixers come with Studio One Artist.
by frankedwardcomolli on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 am
The fog of confusion has lifted!! so i´ll have to keep looking for a "all in one" solution " if it can be found. If not then i´ll use my Macbook pro and a touch screen mixer for my gigs.. thanks for the info! :thumbup: :D

5 posts
Page 1 of 1