8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I just purchased a StudioLive 16 Series III mixer and I am getting familiar with it. I had a 16.4.2 AI before and I loved it but I wanted to update to the series III for different reasons. First issue that I notice is that when I press the Preset Load button nothing happens. :cry: I don't understand why. I have the latest firmware level version 1.6.13152

Is this normal?

Windows 11
Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming
Intel i7-11700KF
32GB DDR4 3800mhz
Nvidia 4090
by nickpaul on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:53 pm
I'm not sure if its a bug, or just a change in the way it works, but for whatever reason the Load button only applies when copying from one channel to another. Push the Save button instead, then you'll get a list of Presets. You can tap one and then push the Recall button to load the Preset.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:34 pm
"StudioLive_Series_III_OwnersManual_05042017"
5.8 Copy/Paste & Preset Load/Save

To load a preset:
1. Press Load. The Fat Channel Presets view is shown on the touchscreen.
2. To partially load a preset (say, EQ parameters only), press the relevant buttons in the Filter column to disable loading for one or more processors.
3. To filter the presets by channel category (such as Kick Drum or Guitar), make a selection from the Category selector.
4. Select a preset and load it by pressing the Recall button in the Master Control area.

This is basic functionality of all new and old PreSonus mixers, which should never change. The Series III mixers have additional options, called "Advanced Recall", which use the Copy/Paste buttons. This might explain the "bug"... It might be worth to check if loading presets works with UC Surface. Check "StudioLiveSoftware_ReferenceManual-EN-V7_29092017, section 5.5.1 Fat Channel Presets" for more information.
by luccrispin on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:48 pm
thanks nickpaul, you are correct you need to press save instead of load. I think it's a bug like you said.

Windows 11
Intel i7-11700KF
32GB DDR4 3800mhz
Nvidia 4090
by berdy24 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:15 pm
I am having the same issue. I have 1.6.13152 firmware on my Presonus series III 32 mixer. The Load button to load preset scenes does nothing. In order to load a scene I have to hit the save button to allow me to access the presets for a channel and then hit recall. What should happen is that you hit load to load a channel preset and then hit recall. I put in a ticket and hopefully someone will fix this issue. I feel with every new update it comes with another issue in another part of the mixer. They need to figure out how to update the firmware without causing issues in other areas of the system.
by jpettit on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:07 pm
It is not clear there is an issue here.
The directions quoted from the manual in the second post work to bring up the preset list and load it with the recall button.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by wahlerstudios on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:42 am
It would be easy to find out if it is a bug or not. There are TWO WAYS to load and save presets, one is via the mixer itself and the other via UC Surface. If UC Surface does it right (load means load and save means save...) and the mixers do it wrong (load means save and save means load...), then there obviously is a(nother) bug. This should also be checked with the DAW beta firmware. Maybe PreSonus has solved this problem already.
by luccrispin on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:44 pm
Just wanted to update all. I just uploaded the beta DAW firmware V 1.7.3343 and the load button works the way it's suppose to work. :D

Windows 11
Intel i7-11700KF
32GB DDR4 3800mhz
Nvidia 4090

8 posts
Page 1 of 1