13 posts
Page 1 of 1
I tried to get the geq to work on the L/R and also an aux .. still does not work, it shows that it is assigned, Also did the firmware update today ..and still no geq .. any help is appreciated.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:20 pm
"GEQ [button] On/Off. By default, all graphic EQs are disabled. To enable any GEQ, simply click on this button." (StudioLiveSoftware_ReferenceManual-EN-V7_29092017, section 5.3)

Does this help?
by stratman31 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:48 pm
Tried the button many times ..still not working
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:34 pm
Do you have the "FOH" permission to change basic settings?
Are you listening to the physical outputs? (GEQs can not be heard on control buses)
by stratman31 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:46 pm
Permission is set to foh .. Listened thru l/r and geq has no effect on the sound at all, pushed the high end to try to make it feed back and still did nothing, Also there are 2 fx is there a way to make it 4 fx?
I just bought this thinking it would be a nice addition to my current mixers, But I am starting to have 2nd thoughts about it.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:54 pm
We are talking about a "StudioLive 16R: 18-input, 16-channel Series III stage box and rack mixer"? The 16R has 4 FX...
by ronron3 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:02 am
Nope , the 16r has 2 internal fx buses... if it had 4 I would have bought it instantly
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:20 am
Oh, sorry, I haven't realized this detail yet. The missing second processor is cutting features down. This is "on board" :reading::

8 31-band graphic EQs
2 internal effects buses: combination of reverbs and delays with modern and vintage options
6 FlexMixes (can be designated as aux, subgroup, or matrix mixes)

@ronron3: Do you have an idea why the equalizers do not work?

@ stratman31: I can not see any reason why the GEQs should not work, so I would recommend to load the "Zero Out" scene and set the mixer back to factory settings. I guess the GEQs are routed then already (2 mains, 6 auxes), but they are disabled, as the manual says. Have a look, if this helps.
by stratman31 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:06 pm
I sent the 16r back and bought a 24r .. we will see if this one works .. But thanks for the help anyway.
by johnwry on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:30 pm
@stratman31 did you find the R24 does not have the same issue? I am having the same problem you did with the R16.
Anybody found a solution to this?
by andresrowig on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:18 am
Same here on 32R. I assigned a geq to an aux and didn't hear an effect. I might have listened on the headphone output though, but as far as I remember, the geq on the main out didn't work either..
by wahlerstudios on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:42 am
Remember that it is not possible to hear the GEQs, if you are checking their functionality on the headphone/monitor bus. The graphic equalizers are routed directly to the physical outputs, so you will need to feed mains left/right or aux to an external headphone amp (or studio monitors, or PA) in order to check if the graphic equalizer works. If the GEQs decide to stay dead, there is no way to bring them back to life. Then it is necessary to open a support ticket and hope, that Baton Rouge takes care.

:roll:
by johnandersen on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:11 pm
So yes, I am having the same issue with the GEQ on the Aux mix’s, and yes I have them set up correctly & turned on. (16R)
What is odd is that I got 1 Aux to work correctly in our first show, saved to the Scene, and it still works, however that’s all I can get... just the one that was the original?
Tested with headphone, floor wedges, with a USB connect as well as an iPad.
I have been using PreSonus since the very first 24.4.2, RM32/CS18 & had high hopes for the Series lll.
File a ticket so we see what the response is.
Latest firmware & latest version of UC Surface.
I just wish the products were ready to go when released 🙈🙈

13 posts
Page 1 of 1