10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there -

Is it possible to simultaneously record all 32 tracks and a mix to SD card, as well as via USB to a computer, so that there will be a fully redundant backup?

ON the 32AI I used the analogue D-SUB outputs to a backup recorder, as well as FireWire to my DAW. It is essential for me to run a backup...

Thanks.
by dgreenspoon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am
Oh, and also...

What is the format of the audio files on the SD card? Are the configurable? 48k/24 bit? WAV?

Are they exportable as individual files?
by didierlaurens on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:41 am
Oui il est possible d'enregistrer simultanément sur carte SD et en USB. J'ai déjà fait sur une studioLive 24 série3

Les fichier sont enregistré au format WAV et ils sont exportable (via un ordinateur)
by dgreenspoon on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 am
Merci!
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 pm
Translation...? There might be people interested to get to know the answer, but can not speak/understand French. The language of this forum is English, therefore we all need to communicate in this language.

Vielen Dank.

:)
by dgreenspoon on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 pm
He said yes, it is possible to record to both USB and SD card simultaneously.

Also, the files are Broadcast Wav files on the SD card, and exportable.
by fly5mike on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:14 pm
How?
by dgreenspoon on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm
I don't have the console. I expect there's a menu that will help with that.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 pm
There is no difference in quality between the different ways of recording. SD card, USB and AVB are the same (48k/24 bit) and the format of Cature and Studio One recording is WAV. Capture records each channel as individual track, so the only thing you have to look for is a way to get a SD card into your computer. You're not really "exporting" files. You just copy them from the SD card to your computer and open the files in Capture or the DAW you are using.

There are several threads about this subject in the forum. The manual does not tell too much about it, but you need to know what is written in section 7 "SD Recording".

https://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-32/downloads
by fernandogaspar on Sun May 06, 2018 11:51 am
didierlaurens wroteOui il est possible d'enregistrer simultanément sur carte SD et en USB. J'ai déjà fait sur une studioLive 24 série3

Les fichier sont enregistré au format WAV et ils sont exportable (via un ordinateur)

Merci pour cette info (enfin un Français :D ).

J'en profite pour te poser une question au cas où tu saurais:
Je voudrais savoir si c'est possible de passer de la musique, par exemple pendant un entracte, autrement que par les entrées physiques (Tape, Aux In...).
Avec une carte SD ? Avec l'entrée USB ?

Merci.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1