5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi gang received Studiolive plus 32R Rack today,30 mins from receiving to up and running all updates done...BOOM good job Presonus. Upgraded from 32AI. So HELP please previously ran 32Ai FOH with Workstation dropping plugins into Studio one all successfully, So the new gear running stagebox can run Workstation/Waves attached to Desk no probs Can also run Workstation/Waves from Rack when run separately as rack mixer, BUT how do I run the Workstation/Waves as part of the a Desk/Stagebox setup. I can get the desk to talk to Studio one shows input but no return to mix as you can't run network and USB together, am I missing something. Apologies if it's been covered somewhere else but can find anything.

Thanks in advance

Anthony
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 am
More than 80 people reading your question, and nobody can give you an answer...? Where are all the proud and happy and knowledgeable Series III owners? ;-)

It's USB now, but it seems to work the same as in the old days of FireWire: In a network (console and stagebox) you need to decide what the input is for each single channel. In this case it MUST be "Network", which makes it impossible to insert Studio One or external plug-ins to the individual channels. You need to create a FX bus for a channel and route FX return to one central stereo return, which you see on the console as "Digital Return". This bus/sum can be sent to the main mix and all auxes (console). I would expect "DigRet" as being available only on the console, not on the network.

I do not own any of the Series III products, but I look at any information available. It is obvious that some things are simply not described in the manuals (yet), but they seem to work similar to the AI family of mixers.

You need to do some routing in Studio One and some additonal routing on your console to be able to hear the FX bus/Digital Return...
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 pm
Sorry fella, been busy with the daw mode beta. Exciting times for sure.

So if I have you correctly, you want to use the daw to run plugins in a live setting, while also using stagebox mode?

The config is no different. With stagebox mode, your inputs on the console are all network. You then feed that into Studio One for each channel 1:1. On the Studio one side, output each channel 1:1 back to the console. That return comes back into the console after the fat channel I believe.

If you use the Series 3 32 template for Studio One, the setup and routing are already done.

In a nutshell, the digital return are after the preamps and converters. Stagebox mode is simply just moving the pres and converters to the rack mixer.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by fromnaija on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 pm
Did the OP get a resolution to this? I am in the same situation and I just can’t figure out how to use Studio One and insert plugins when running stagebox mode. I don’t mind inserting the plugins at the rack or console but it’s proving elusive at this time.

Studiolive RM32AI, Studiolive 16.4.2AI, Studiolive CS18AI, Studiolive 32, Studiolive 32R, Studio One 3 Professional, 2 x Studiolive 315AI, 2 x Studiolive 18sAI, 2 x ULT15, 2 x ULT18, dbx DriveRack VENU360, 2 x Crown XTi6002, 4 x Crown XTi4000, 2 x Crown XLS2500, 2 x Carvin HD3000, 2 x Carvin LS1802, 2 x Yamaha SW118V, 4 x Yamaha S215V, 2 x Yamaha S115V, 4 x Yamaha SM15V, Windows 10 8gb, MacBook Pro 16gb, Waves Impact Server plus Diamond and Horizon plug-in bundles.
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:03 am
fromnaija wroteDid the OP get a resolution to this? I am in the same situation and I just can’t figure out how to use Studio One and insert plugins when running stagebox mode. I don’t mind inserting the plugins at the rack or console but it’s proving elusive at this time.

Not sure about the op, but I can help with the Studio one situation.

Stage box mode has no bearing on this process. Start with the console. There are 2 sources for initial input into the console, analog or network. Stagebox mode just pushes the physical analog connection to the rack mixer, so your channel input would be network.

That signal then is either set to pre, post or post 2, depending on the fatchannel processing you want to do on the console, which would also be the setting for what goes into Studio One.

At this point, you need to be USB connected to the PC, and have studio one fired up to a blank song. You can either set up your own routing template, or use one of the mixer templates that have the routing configured, to open the new "song" which will house the plugs needed for the channels.

Each channel in studio one will source its input from the mixer 1:1. Also, each channels output will be the same as the input, 1:1. For clarification, whgen using a mixer instead of a studio interface, and input is also an output. There is no direct access to the mixers outputs from the daw.

It sounds odd that the input would also be the same output, but it all works with the signal flow. By outputting the channel back out to the mixer, that USB return signal is coming back in to the mixer AFTER the fat channel. All the routing I am speaking of is done on the channel header of the S1 mixer gui. Tou will see 2 black boxes above each fader. Top box selects the input into studio one, the one below selects the output.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

5 posts
Page 1 of 1