19 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

I just purchased the Studiolive 32R yesterday and did some basic tests. I figured that UC Surface is not operating well when connected over USB. The problem is happening with a Mac as well with a PC. What happens is, that the meters show a significantly delayed response to the signal. This latency increases over time until it is more than 10 seconds! Switching between stereo and mono happens with the same delay, meaning you press the button and more than 10 seconds later the switching occurs. Needless to say that this is not suitable this way.

Using UC control over WLAN did work on all devices with a bit latency. Not perfect but ok. Would be nice to decrease this latency as well, so the display is synchronous with the sound, since it will help to see the assignment of the faders while listening (it would just improve the handling). But thats a minor issue. The USB problem needs to be fixed somehow. I am using the SL 32R as audio interface over USB at the same time..

Thanks for your help! I will have some more questions getting prepared for a gig on January 26th. Especially, I need to convince our technician, that he won't have a huge console anymore and that the setting of the mixer will be part of the band in the future. That will help to reduce sound check time significantly and we can have a perfect routing for inears and front already in the box. I assume that we will sound better everytime we play from now, since we will not start over with the settings, but rather refine what has already proven to be good. :)

Looking forward for feedback..

Cheers,
Chris
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 am
Always the first thing to check is that firmware and software use matching versions. Probably you have updated the mixer's firmware already, so get the latest UC (Universal Control 2.5.1) from the download page (https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads). To see more versions click on "Show / Hide all versions of software downloads for macOS 10.13 High Sierra" or select your OS from the pull-down menu.

You can also find all files in your account. It may be that the firmware version is displayed wrong (you see an older version first).

Your 32R should not have such a delay, not at all.
by matthewgorman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:38 am
Yes, can you please report back here with your system setup, as well as all releant software and firmware versions. I have linked this thread for the dev team to review.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:44 am
Also, can you provide some information on how the mixer is being set up? Are you recalling a scene maybe that originated on a different mixer, like an RM? Are you loading the scene after a zero out reset, or jumping from another scene? Is it happening after a power cycle?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:47 pm
No scene. Setup from scratch after power cycle.
UC 2.5.1.45526
Latest fw . Updated yesterday..
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:19 pm
Fw:1.4.12390
by matthewgorman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm
My apologies if this sounds snarky, but could you post the firmware version as seen in UC settings? There are times when for whatever reason, a firmware update may not take, and the impression is that a user is on the most current, when in fact they are not.

Also, for means of troubleshooting, we need to know how everything is hooked up, and how. For ex: with a usb connection, is this the only device on the USB stack, or are others in play? Thnigs like have a USB 1 mouse will bring the whole stack down to USB 1 speeds.

There is always the option of creating a support ticket if it gets to cumbersome trying to help here.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:32 pm
andresrowig wroteFw:1.4.12390

This firmware is old. I believe the current public firmware is 1.7.13245. Log in to your my.presonus account for the latest firmware.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:35 pm
Fw is 1.4.12390
right now it is connected to a mac over a usb-c hub together with a kawai vpc1 Keyboard. before on a fast pc it was connected without hub. Same issue I am running multichannel Audio currently which is working fine. Just the control is slow, but audio with low latency.
by matthewgorman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:39 pm
I think its the firmware. TS can reproduce the 1-2 sec delay you are mentioning. The increase in that latency could be caused by a mismatch in FW and UC. Lets start with getting the firmware and UC to match and see from there.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 pm
Also, I think you need to update the firmware from SD the first time. 1.4 firmware was the original shipping version, and at that time there was an issue with updating via usb. It has since been corrected, so moving forward you would be able to use drag and drop over USB connection for firmware updates.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:58 pm
I just read this while I was trying a fw update on the pc since it didn't update on the mac. Now the power led is blinking yellow. Is it save to Switch off? How do I do the sd Card update? Power on with SD inserted?
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:01 pm
I bet there is a detailed description in your PreSonus account. Just follow the steps... :D
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 pm
That's what I did, but as Matthew mentioned, the drag and drop doesn't work and that's what they describe. Neither does the update Feature. It does load the update but the Version remains the same after boot. It does find the 1.6... Version but the update Fails. SD Card with the file in the Slot now but nothing happens. I guess I have to get the Image file onto the SD Card a Special way?
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:14 pm
Haha pushing the only button while switching on did it. Now let's check Performance..
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Which button...? ;-) Anyway - I just wanted to add that there are two ways described in the Knowledge Base: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... are-Update.
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Ah thanks. I didn't scroll all the way down. I pressed the mote all button while switching on. Don't know if that was it. I also had to shut it down while blinking.. Anyway, Firmware is uptodate and on the mac it seems to work for now. I have to double check on the pc. Thanks so far!

BTW, I found another bug ;) when copying the mix from main to Stereo AUX1 it is copying the fader Levels fine but not the Stereo pans and spreads :) Can this be fixed as well please?
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 pm
No, this is not a bug, it is intended to be this way, because stereo settings can and must be adjustable according to individual needs. You want to feed the musicians with an identical picture of the main mix, so you have to do the extra work (set the pans), but only once. Save the settings and recall them again at the next gig.

And you may take into consideration that your concept "must" not work for everybody. Be creative, give everybody what he wants/needs. Many musicians like a mono feed more than a stereo feed and don't forget to change left and right... ;-)
Last edited by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by andresrowig on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:54 pm
Alright, I seem to be the only one to care about Stereo. I will give it a try. :) The update did it. Thanks guys for the great Support. There is about 300ms latency on the graphics left. I guess this is normal right? I will continue on some other issues in a different thread tomorrow. So far I am pretty pleased with the device. Very low Audio latency Settings with a lot of channels. A perfect combination of Audio Interface and Hardware mixer :)

19 posts
Page 1 of 1