6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all, I’m new to the party... Currently on hold with PreSonus for 2hours 19minutes ... fun

I have a quick question or maybe need a quick pointer ...

I have the SL32 connected to IMac with High Sierra via USB (also and/or AVB, tried both)

I set up I/o in Studio One, plug in a mic to the mixer .... with the channel strip on Mute and slid to -84db(on the SL3) , I can hear sound in Studio 1 and I see the meter movement ...

The only control I have over the audio going from the SL32 to Studio 1 is the “gain control” on the input...

Where have I gone wrong?
I would like to be able to adjust my mic/guitar volumes, add some fx etc in the SL32... then feed that audio to Studio One.

Any help is appreciated.... by the way Still ON Hold with Presonus 2hr 27minutes.....
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am
That behavior is normal. The Digital audio out from the mixer is prefader when you are using the mixer as an interface.

To mute the sound in this way, you need to mute it on the Studio One faders.

There is a bit of a learning curve, and again when daw mode is released. Come back here with any questions, or feel free to PM me if you get stuck.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jamesgibbons1 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:07 pm
Thanks for the help Matt.

With the release of DAW Mode, will I be able to interface with post fader output?
Any work around for now? Patching combinations etc?
****I researched before made the 3k jump.... must have missed interface outs are ONLY pre fader... :reading:
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:17 pm
With daw mode, there really isnt a workaround that is needed. Think of the mixer as having 3 roles essentially. It was designed to be a live mixer first. You would not want a live show that is being recorded to be affected by solo, mute, or fader position, so the digital out is always going to be prefader. So function one is using the mixer as a mixer.

Function 2 is using the mixer as an audio interface. A traditional recording interface does not have faders, only gain. You set the gain for a good digital input level, leaving some head room for processing and mixing. Mixing would be done in Studio One, using the mixer in Studio One. That is where you are monitoring, muting, panning, etc.

Function 3 is a daw controller, and this closes the loop on function 2. Daw mode will alow you full control of Studio One functions, using the Series 3 hardware to control the Studio One mixer. We are almost at the point where daw mode will be released to public beta, so you will shortly have that functionality.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by jamesgibbons1 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 pm
Thank you for clearing things up.
I will wait patiently..
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 pm
jamesgibbons1 wroteThank you for clearing things up.
I will wait patiently..

Once its released, we will be here to help.

Matt

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1