29 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
We have one nasty bug that has been very difficult to track down preventing us from getting this update in your hands. We've made good progress in tracking down what was causing the issue. Now that we have that information we're trying to find a way to fix it. We don't have a clear idea of how long this will take to resolve. BUT!...

To help with the wait and thank you for your patience, we've now posted to Studio One DAW Control guide. You may download it here.

https://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.c ... 122017.pdf

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by caesarhernandez on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 am
Thank you :)
by garystone on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:56 pm
This DAW Control Addendum is a bit vague on what exactly Control Link will do on the SLIII32. Will I be able to choose the order that those parameters appear across the Fat Channel knobs? If the number of parameters spill over past 8, can I page through them from the fat channel page buttons? Are the number of pages set to 2, or will it expand for plug ins with a ton of parameters? And if so, will it remember those assignments for every instance I use of that plug in without having to assign knobs every time I instantiate it? Can the knob in the master control section be assigned to scroll the timeline, or zoom functions?

Is the new timeline basically indefinite again due to the "nasty bug" or are you guys still thinking that it will be out by the end of December? March will be a year I've had this console, and DAW control is what I bought it for. I was more than willing to wait the first ETA you guys gave, then that became Q4, wasn't happy but it still felt like it could be worth it. If it's going to be many more months you guys need to kick in some serious incentives that go beyond posting a PDF. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously...
by matthewgorman on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Will I be able to choose the order that those parameters appear across the Fat Channel knobs?

Yes. Bear in mind, control link is for 3rd party plugs. Native plugs already mapped.

If the number of parameters spill over past 8, can I page through them from the fat channel page buttons?

Yes

Are the number of pages set to 2, or will it expand for plug ins with a ton of parameters?

For now, 2 pages. Not sure of expansion capabilities.

And if so, will it remember those assignments for every instance I use of that plug in without having to assign knobs every time I instantiate it?

Mapping is for every instance of that plug, across songs and projects.

Can the knob in the master control section be assigned to scroll the timeline, or zoom functions?

On the record edit screen, I believe that knob controls scroll. Zoom can be assigned to the user buttons next to the main fader.

As far as your last question, I will try and ge more information if available.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by garystone on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:35 pm
Thank you.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:08 am
PreSonus has released a video yesterday. For all who want to SEE more:

PreSonus—StudioLive Series III DAW Mode Teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vsenMkNnNo
by ckett on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:11 am
Do stereo channels take up one or two faders in DAW mode?

Does the Studiolive mirror the channels on the Studio One mixer when the “remote” button is pushed so that I can customize which faders I want to work with on the Studiolive mixer?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:52 am
(Section 3.5 of the DAW Control Addendum) "StudioLive DAW Control mode allows you to filter which channels you view locally on the mixer:

User button By default, the USER layer is active when you enable DAW mode and every channel type is displayed on your StudioLive mixer.
Inputs button Press the Inputs button to view Input channels only.
AUX button Press the Aux Inputs button to view the FX Channels.
DCA button Press the DCA Groups button to view the VCA Channels.
Mix/FX button Press the Mix/FX Masters button to view the Bus Masters."

AFAIK the Series III mixers are also based on an internal 1 to 1 routing (track 1 is channel 1, track 32 is channel 32), which means that a stereo track will use two faders. The physical faders are getting linked automatically.

"Customizing faders" means arranging tracks in Studio One in the appropriate way for the console you are using. You may need to "think different"... ;-)

As I am a user of the DAW integration of CS18AI (controller for the RM/RML family of mixers), the video shows quite familiar things. But because the Series III consoles have more knobs and buttons and a bigger screen, access to functions is easier, faster and sometimes more intuitive.
by matthewgorman on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 pm
Do stereo channels take up one or two faders in DAW mode?

Daw mode is different than the operation of the mixer. The channels and faders will presented as they are in Studio One. If you have a true stereo channel in studio one, using one fader, that is how you will see it on the mixer.

Not sure of the remote question. Will try and get clarification and post back.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by ckett on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Thanks for the quick response.

In Studio One 3 you have the ability to show/hide channels in the mixer view. Within the mixer view there is a layer called "REMOTE" This allows you to show/hide channels that would be mirrored to whatever control surface you are using. Just hoping the Studiolive will be able to do this.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:53 pm
I was looking for the "Remote" functionality of my CS18AI in DAW mode. I haven't really used this feature before, because I am using Studio One in concerts and therefore need and want a strict channel/track congruency. Obviously the CS18AI mirrors the mixer view of Studio One, when DAW mode is active. I can not think of a reason why the Series III consoles should not have this functionality.

There is a list of "CS 18 Integration with Studio One" (https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=22273), written by Johnny Geib, which can give an idea about the first DAW integration.
by ckett on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:49 pm
Thanks, will check into that.
by jamesweindorf on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:05 pm
is the DAW crew on Holiday break the rest of the year?
by silasgerome on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:47 am
Thanks.....
by Skip Jones on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:49 am
jamesweindorf wroteis the DAW crew on Holiday break the rest of the year?

No, but I'm sure as you have they are taking time for Faith, family and friends.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by kasarts on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 am
@stingray1122

we´ve bought this great console StudioLive32 Series III in june 2017 @ the music store cologne germany.

In our opinion, all the customers who bought this mixer from the beginn of his release and who are waiting patienly for a DAW implemantation, PRESONUS can give away some VST Plug ins? Like Tape or Reverbs or Melodyne for free
or better compile a „hold the line patient loyal“ bundle. ;)
a grading like: Customers who bought six months ago -> 6 Plugs for free
Customers who bought a month ago -> 1 Plug for free
or something like that

We think this is a big feature we all missing sadly since the beginning.

This would cost „nothing“ to PRESONUS cause it is Software but gives big reputation and a efective customer response.

Maybe you can check this sugestion with the responsible PRESONUS management?

Best regards from Belgium

Kas Arts

RIKAAR
by antonioescobar1 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 am
There is no single world about controlling other DAWs.

What about MCU and HUI mode?

Thanks.
by Skip Jones on Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:46 am
Gentlemen, there has indeed been a single word regarding MCU and HUI development. From the very beginning it was said that DAW control would be first developed for the company's own flagship DAW, Studio One. That makes business sense. They also announced that MCU and HUI would follow, Since this was stated from the beginning, I don't see a need to give out freebies as PreSonus is working on the original announcement. They WILL deliver as promised.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by scottbandy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:56 pm
Is there ANY word at all on DAW control? I can't get a straight answer anywhere!
by scottbandy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:58 pm
And Skip...they did NOT deliver as promised! Q4 2017 came and went!

29 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2