9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is DAW control from the SL III still on track for 2017??

I know the latest timeframe was last 1/4 of 2017 (and there is still one month). Plus Nick mentioned in the 6 in 60 talk that there was going to be a user Beta in Nov, then a public Beta a few weeks later. He indicated then that everything was on schedule for 2017.

I also left the question over on the Answers site, but the only reply said that they were wondering and waiting too.

Purchased my SL III back in April and it is starting to get lonely talking to inself....

Thanks for any input,

p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by matthewgorman on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 am
As far as I can see, still on track for 2017. Its in private beta now. What I don't know is if its still on track for public beta. I can post back here if I get wind of anything.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by MikeGoodwin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 am
Would be great to see this in action. I was a little surprised to see a entire product release for fader control that came out months after the SLIII be up and running before a product I went out on a limb and bought 6 months ago. I did not expect it to be on time to be honest but there is still a month to go. God speed :)
by xenoblackinc on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 pm
Don't hold your breath I've lost all trust in persons as a company. I'm about to dump this garbage mixer and never use another product from this company again. Its been a almost a whole year since the release of this mixer and it's been gathering dust and shipped with half features. Then you launch a whole new line of products that work instead of fixing the one that doesn't. Thats foul Personus real foul.
by matthewgorman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 pm
xenoblackinc wroteDon't hold your breath I've lost all trust in persons as a company. I'm about to dump this garbage mixer and never use another product from this company again. Its been a almost a whole year since the release of this mixer and it's been gathering dust and shipped with half features. Then you launch a whole new line of products that work instead of fixing the one that doesn't. Thats foul Personus real foul.

Its ok to vent frustration, I get it. But it's not ok to be inaccurate. The mixers did not start shipping until March 2017, and it is a mixer. The mixer works, and many are using it. DAW mode was never promised at launch. DAW mode is currently in testing. As I said in your other post, theere was a mention of a "possible" public beta in Nov. The public release of the DAW control firmware has always been scheduled for Dec.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by xenoblackinc on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm
I know when it shipped I got the first wave. There wasn’t a possible Rick said in November there will be a beta for daw mode. I should be part of that beta as anyone else who bought at launch. There was suppose to be a firmware that launched this month for Studio one control. That’s what I’m waiting on. It should have had Studio one control from the door since all the videos before showed that.
by matthewgorman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm
There wasn’t a possible Rick said in November there will be a beta for daw mode.

There is a beta currently. It is not public. There was never a promise of that.

There was suppose to be a firmware that launched this month for Studio one control.

Not trying to split hairs here, but December is tomorrow, and that was the last statement for DAW control. We shouldn't be clamoring for a not finished implementation, and there is still time on the clock. They are aware of the focus that everyone has for this feature. Let's give them the opportunity to hit it out of the park.

It should have had Studio one control from the door since all the videos before showed that.

Again, there is a need for accuracy here. There were absolutely no videos at product launch for DAW control. You may have seen a video of it being used as an interface, and S1 on the screen, but I can assure you that it was not controlling the daw. It was always a known circumstance that daw mode would not be available at launch. At the time there were earlier dates mentioned for released, but they were quickly pushed back. The Series 3 is a mixer first. That is why a majority of users purchased the product, so that functionality needed to come first.

I think we have both had our say here, and its time to move on. None of this is getting the firmware out any faster. I understand your frustration, and share the anticipation. Lets let them finish cooking this thing and we can all enjoy it.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by guadalupezavala on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:14 am
so December is gone so it is now January 2018 i purchased for the daw control and all the features you mentioned on your videos i didn't just buy for a mixer i got is for my studio and not for live performances so now i am frustrated i could just continue using logic to record with no persons mixer so my question is how i get te daw beta since i was first to preorder ir before was out, and when will you release for sure the real daw control we are patient but musicians we need facts not promises
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:08 am
It's there since some days. Just log in and go to the start page (http://www.forums.presonus.com). You find the "StudioLive Series III Public Beta"-forum right below "Live Sound". This is the direct link: https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=383.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1