7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I finally got my Rack Ears !!! Now, my Slanted 12 U is not long enough to put the mixer in. I'm not whining, I just want to how others are mounting the mixer, I can get a slanted 18 space, but before I do, I just want some other ideas from you all.

Thanks, Mike

PS - Thank you Presonus for the Rack Ears
by Skip Jones on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:07 pm
On your 12U slant top, is there a cross brace you can remove to accommodate? The console itself will maintain structural rigidity, I did this on a 16.4.2 and it's strong and secure with the benefit of not having the headphone jack blocked by the cross brace. Just a thought to maintain your present slant top.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by schmidtbaby on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 am
Good idea - I will try it
by gregcloonh on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:40 pm
Please let me know how it works. I currently have a EWI case my 16.4.2 is in. Includes 4U under the mixer, worked for mounting a Firewire drive, WiFi Access Point, power conditioner, in ear & wireless microphone equipment, USB DMX Controller for lights, and a power supply for the laptop I used. It was nice, open it up, and plug a few things in.

... Anyway... with the SLIII, I don't need as much extra gear... would like a smaller case with only 2U if possible.
by Steve Carter on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:45 pm
Rack Ears are Here - Now "How can I mount It?"

You're gonna need stirrups and perhaps a box to stand on - sorry couldn't resist. :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by Karyn on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 am
You'll need someone to hold it steady as well, they have a tendency to bolt the first couple of times...

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by Skip Jones on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 am
:lol: Might need a "Rack Whisperer".

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

7 posts
Page 1 of 1