8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Maybe it’s time for PreSonus to say something to allay my fears.

Mark

Mark
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:59 am
What do you mean?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Skip Jones on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:32 pm
Fears? The incremental firmware updates only improve the product. ???

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by markgreiner on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm
PreSonus has some history making promises it couldn’t keep—e.g., making the earlier AVB work. I’ve picked up on the pattern for SLIII firmware releases—it’s generally the fourth Tuesday of each month since the product shipped. They skipped one or so months. With big ticket items still coming—44.1K and DAW—and mostly silence from PreSonus in that respect, it makes me nervous.

I note that they find time to roll out software/firmware releases that make their newest products work, but where’s the priority in making what they’ve already sold work as advertised?

Mark
by PAE Seth on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 pm
AI AVB has been dicussed already. Really an unfortunate situation regarding that.

viewtopic.php?f=222&t=23012

44.1 kHz and DAW modes have been stated for Q4 releases (Oct-Dec), barring any development setbacks.

Continued updates to products are there to ensure that the product continues to work, to which the frequency of the updates are a decision from Development / Product Management.
by markgreiner on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:43 pm
PreSonus Seth wrote44.1 kHz and DAW modes have been stated for Q4 releases (Oct-Dec), barring any development setbacks.

Awesome!!

And to clarify, I didn’t intend to sound unappreciative of frequent updates. I’ve just been anxiously awaiting the meatier ones.

Mark
by markgreiner on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:12 pm
PreSonus Seth wroteAI AVB has been dicussed already. Really an unfortunate situation regarding that.

viewtopic.php?f=222&t=23012.

This really was an unfortunate situation, but I hold no malice toward PreSonus. I can imagine how badly everyone at PreSonus must have felt when they came to this realialization, and I can tell that it was really a tough job to have to deliver that news. (I was just about ready to purchase one of those AI units, so for me the news came just in time.)

I did note, however, that it was after that news was delivered that PreSonus got real quiet about any product software/firmware update news. I think they even kicked this forum off from the PreSonus site about that time—I guess because it was on this site where most of the unkeepable “promises” were being made.

I wish PreSonus would reconsider it’s silence, if that’s what it is. Informing your customers that the features they’re looking for are scheduled for release sometime before year end, if everything goes as planned, is hardly a promise and it helps us plan and manage our expectations. Even something like “don’t even think about the possibility of a release before [date]” is more helpful than silence.

Thanks, PreSonus!

Mark
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:49 pm
Hey Mark, bear in mind that this is a user forum (always has been for the most part), so anyone wishing to hear directly from the mothership should open a support ticket.

That being said, most questions that get asked in the forums, we mods will confirm the information with Presonus, so while not from an employee, it will be an accurate response.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1