8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok, now that v1.5 firm is here... Can I do this? I want to connect the two series iii mixers together, and one of two things....

Scenario 1: Use the 16 channel to mix Aux 1, and use Aux 1 as my video mix.

Scenario 2: Map all the channels 1:1, and then use the main out on the 16 channel to drive video mix.... that way I get full FAT channel and FX support.

Of course, I would rather do Scenario 2, but I'm not sure what will work in the v1.5 vintage firmware... or if either scenarios will work.

Helpie?

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by dennis g on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am
You cannot connect two SDIII boards together as of yet, I am eagerly awaiting that update myself. Here are the answers I got.

Can two consoles be used instead of a rack mount mixer or using all three together?

No, not currently in this phase, but yes, eventually you will be able to freely route audio both between Series III Mixers and with other AVDECC compliant AVB devices. Part of the requirement for this is AVDECC controller software to do the routing. Look for that in Q2 of 2018 I believe (but don't quote me, as things are always subject to change).

Can two SL32 Consoles connected to a AVB switch that also connected to a 32R as a stagebox, will that work or is it limited to just one Console at this time?

Right now, 1 rack and one console is supported. That should change next year, but unfortunately right now its this year.
by martinav on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 am
Ouch.... That's a long way out. I hope the chip manufactures don't drop support before then... like last time.

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by dennis g on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am
I am getting kind of skidish about the whole Studiolive/AVB myself. When they first announce the board last year and I did my research about AVB and how other company's are using it, I got excited. But they still haven't completed the original billing of the mixer, so............... I just kinda upsets me with how the webside saids can do something when it can't or only to a limited ability.
Networking isn’t the future of professional audio systems; it’s here now. StudioLive 32 mixers come equipped with an AVB Ethernet connection that enables you to network multiple StudioLive 32 mixers and compatible computers and stream up to 55 channels of audio to and from a Mac or Windows PC.
by martinav on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am
Yea, i'm with ya. Its just good that the Presonus offers a good feature set today. I want DAW and network mixing across two mixers, but if I was counting on it, then I honestly would not have even ordered it. You cannot rely on ghost features. I want call it misleading, but some of the statements in the documentation, like the one mentioned, is very close to the borderline. The fact that they never did deliver on the RM series, that lowers my confidence.

by matthewgorman on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:01 pm
The fact that they never did deliver on the RM series, that lowers my confidence.

If you look up acquisitions by The Music Group, and then look at the companies they also own on top of that, it paints a pretty clear picture of what happened to the RM mixers. I understand that this may not appease users, but it does explain alot.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by roblof on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 pm
I don’t understand what you are saying. According to presonus the avb solution was developed in-house.

“With StudioLive AI mixers, we invented the AVB implementation ourselves because there where no other solutions available at the time. The new StudioLive Series III mixers were developed on a new platform, using new DSP and AVB chips that were not available previously. These new AVB chips offer many features that require no or minimal additional development from our engineering team.”

I was my understanding that the rm and ai mixer used the same avb implementation...

Care to elaborate?

matthewgorman wrote
The fact that they never did deliver on the RM series, that lowers my confidence.

If you look up acquisitions by The Music Group, and then look at the companies they also own on top of that, it paints a pretty clear picture of what happened to the RM mixers. I understand that this may not appease users, but it does explain alot.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by martinav on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:07 pm
Yes, Ai consoles and RMxxAi rack mounts are the same series. Full AVB was never completed. No DAW, no audio over cat5 to my 328ai speakers, despite the avb card.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1