2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently purchased a Studio Live 16 iii console. I am really happy with the performance of the board, however, i can see where I might want more channels in the future, plus a remote stage box. If I purchase a Studio Live 16R and connect the 16 iii console and 16R via ether net cable, will I have 32 channels? Can i access 32 channels from my Studio Live iii console? 16 by selecting USB on the console and 16 more by selecting Network on the console? Will I have fader layer control over the 16r via the 16 iii console? Will Studio One see 16 from the console and 16 more (17-32) from 16R? Other posts indicate you will not get more channels with a Studio Live 32 iii but seem to indicate what I want to do is possible. Apologize for all of the questions, just trying to confirm or correct what I am thinking. I read the forum, including posts related to this topic, but I am still learning. The 16R interfaced with a 16 iii console seems to have possibilities that a 32 iii console does not because of channel limitation. But maybe I am misinterpreting.
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:21 am
I can't say what the future will hold, and if it would be possible down the road to do what you describe. It may be, but not right now.

All the series 3 mixers are 32 channel. On the Series 3 16, the second back of 16 channels are digital only. Right now channels are 1:1, so you wouldn't get 32 channels. You would get 32 channels on a 16 channel console with the 32R rack mixer.

You may be in a good position now. If you don't need the additional inputs now, there was a statement that there are more traditional stage boxes coming Q1 next year. These will just be input/output, and probably at a lower price point. You lose fall back redundancy of having the stage box/mixer combo with the current racks, but that may not be a big deal for some.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

2 posts
Page 1 of 1