5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anybody try using a SD card with mp3 audio songs to Tape In?
Users manual says SD is on method of Tape In.

I have a SanDisk 16GB Ultra Plus microSDHC UHS-I card in an adapter in my series III 32 channel mixer, but can't get any audio coming to Tape In channel.

I assume tgat since I'm using the SD card playback of audio (during stage set-up, breaks, post set breakdown) that the card doesn't have to be one of the few high quality cards listed for Capture session multi-track recording, nor does it need the Special FAT32 formatting.

But I have few dozen mp3 sings on this SD card, but when inserted and selecting SD under the Tape menu, no music plays. Can the card have folders with the mp3 files or does everything have to be at the root level.

How do I start, stop, or change mp3 files on the SD card playing thru Tape In once I get this going? Are the transport buttons supposed to be used?

PreSonus StudioOne 3 Pro with many 3rd party plug-ins and sample sounds
PreSonus StudioLive Series III 32-channel mixer and AudioBox 22 VSL interface
HP Envy w/AMD A10 2.5GHz 5750M APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
LaCie 3 TB 7200 rpm external HD
Condenser mics: Roswell mini K47, AKG C214, (2) Rode NT5
Dynamic Mics: Heil PR35, Shure SM57, Heil PR28, Sennheiser e604, Sennheiser e601 II, Audio-Technica ATM230
dbx 1231 graphic eq
Monitors: PreSonus Eris E5, PreSonus Temblor T10 Subwoofer, and Alesis M1Active 320 USB.
by TaylorT5 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm
Just tried the same thing on my SL16III. I tried dumping some MP3s that were in folders onto the card, as well as dumping MP3s right into the root of the SD card. Looks like a no go to me. I couldn't find any way to get them to play back. That would be a nice feature, as the group I'm in occasionally uses backing tracks.

Home Rig:
SL32.4.2.AI : Kemper Profiler : Eventide Eclipse Harmonizer : Line 6 G50 Wireless : ART Pro MPA II x 2 : ART Pro VLAII : Crown D-75A : Furman AR-Pro : JBL Control 5 Speakers : Nord Stage 2 HA-88 : Korg Kronos X 88 : Cloud CL-2 : Z270-A Rack PC w/32 Gb RAM : Mesa Lonestar v2 : Peavey VK112 v1 : Rivera Sedona ES : Numerous Mics : A-Designs MP-2A : Neve Portico II Channel : Universal Audio LA-610 : Presonus Faderport 16 :Studio One 4 Pro : Melodyne 4 Studio : Finale 2017

Church Rig:
Shure QLX-D Wireless Mic : Line 6 Relay G90 Wireless : Furman PL-Plus C : iPad Pro 12.9"
by matthewgorman on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:20 am
There are 2 things at play here. First, the mixer can work with wav files, not mp3. So the mixer would need some sort of conversion software. Don't know if that is something that can be added.

Second, the start/stop transport controls are programmed for Capture, so that would have to be addressed as well.

Its possible to convert the mp3's to wav files, and load them into a capture session. This would work for break music as well as backing tracks. I think for break music, you may want to split the converted mp3/wav files to dual mono, and have left/right on separate mixer channels.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by ronron3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 am
It has been a while ... is a creating a capture session still the only way to play break music ?
Does this also apply to the 32r rack mixer ? Apparently the sd recorder is different on the 32r ,from what i read it can only record stereo , found no info on playback
by fly5mike on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:29 am
I believe when you record something on the sd card it creates a number of folders,I,m at work right now so I can't tell you what they are,but if you create those folders in the card on your PC and put the wavs in the right folder I think you can play back.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1