14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just saw this ad... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQRF2kSAxU
Why was this not talked about as an upcoming option? Did I miss something? Wish I would have seen this coming up as I would have waited before making the leap to the 32 (which I do love). Sigh oh well... any idea on release date?
by douglyons on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:31 pm
Now that is a great format. When is this going to be sold & ship? How much $$$?

The 32 is too much machine for my live sounds needs and for my home studio, but especially too expensive for my budget. But the 16 would at times be too small.

This 24 would be perfect. Where do I sign up?

PreSonus StudioOne 3 Pro with many 3rd party plug-ins and sample sounds
PreSonus StudioLive Series III 32-channel mixer and AudioBox 22 VSL interface
HP Envy w/AMD A10 2.5GHz 5750M APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
LaCie 3 TB 7200 rpm external HD
Condenser mics: Roswell mini K47, AKG C214, (2) Rode NT5
Dynamic Mics: Heil PR35, Shure SM57, Heil PR28, Sennheiser e604, Sennheiser e601 II, Audio-Technica ATM230
dbx 1231 graphic eq
Monitors: PreSonus Eris E5, PreSonus Temblor T10 Subwoofer, and Alesis M1Active 320 USB.
by Skip Jones on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 pm
As we all know, things are fluid. But as of this posting I believe that 2nd quarter 2017 is target ship date and MSRP is $2.500, but don't quote me on this, again, as things change.

Regards

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:53 am
Unit is in testing, and I believe I saw that release was anticipated for end of April, assuning no hiccups in testing.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by brianmackender on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:03 pm
Argh! I should have known better to believe anything I read on the internet. Somewhere else on the forum someone stated that there wouldn't be a 24 channel version of the mixer. The 32 is way too big for me! Too bad I already bought it, and I'm stuck with it for a year! Oh well, another lesson learned.

Windows 10
i7 6700k
16gb DDR4 Ram
S1 v3
by douglyons on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:26 pm
The 24 channel is on its way...maybe in late April.
PreSonus has a seperate features page for the 24, and Sweetwater already is selling it on their website with a price and estimated ship date.

So I believe it is real. I plan on buying the 24...32 is too mush (machine and price) and the 16 will work in many situations but not all. The 24 is the perfect size.

PreSonus StudioOne 3 Pro with many 3rd party plug-ins and sample sounds
PreSonus StudioLive Series III 32-channel mixer and AudioBox 22 VSL interface
HP Envy w/AMD A10 2.5GHz 5750M APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
LaCie 3 TB 7200 rpm external HD
Condenser mics: Roswell mini K47, AKG C214, (2) Rode NT5
Dynamic Mics: Heil PR35, Shure SM57, Heil PR28, Sennheiser e604, Sennheiser e601 II, Audio-Technica ATM230
dbx 1231 graphic eq
Monitors: PreSonus Eris E5, PreSonus Temblor T10 Subwoofer, and Alesis M1Active 320 USB.
by michaelalgar on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:19 am
Can some one please tell me if I can use this 24 version as a DAW controller only?
I mean later in the year, when DAW control is ready, can you use it without using the audio interface section? I want to use my UA interface and use the Presonus as just a DAW controller.

Please can someone confirm this, I will order the Presonus asap!
by SwitchBack on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:39 am
Sure you can, up to you. Faders, transport buttons and probably several other buttons too will be able to control DAW parameters. Connection will be from the network port and/or usb. Not sure which.

Integration will be less perfect than between StudioOne and StudioLive III where e.g. preamp gain and mixer processing can be controlled from within S1 (allowing e.g zero latency monitor mixes without losing computer processing over it.)
by markgreiner on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:17 am
I preordered the 16 from Sweetwater, then switched my preorder to the 24 when that was announced. Sweetwater told me that their very first shipment of the 16 will be this week. The 24 is expected within the next few weeks--something like the end of April or early May. Sounds like they get a limited supply initially with either, followed by a larger supply a few weeks later. So, preorder now!

Mark
by markgreiner on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 pm
Just heard from Sweetwater and shipment of the 24 has been moved out to June 7.

Mark
by rjenriquez on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:26 pm
markgreiner wroteI preordered the 16 from Sweetwater, then switched my preorder to the 24 when that was announced. Sweetwater told me that their very first shipment of the 16 will be this week. The 24 is expected within the next few weeks--something like the end of April or early May. Sounds like they get a limited supply initially with either, followed by a larger supply a few weeks later. So, preorder now!

I also changed my preorder from the 16 to the 24 SIII mixer. They advised I would need to wait until June. I believe is worth the wait. Maybe we get a firmware update by then.
by markgreiner on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:44 am
So, I ended up ordering the 32 and it arrived Wednesday. I host an annual outdoor concert each June, and the projected release date of the 24 was just too close to that. Normally, I don't let near-term circumstances drive long-term equipment purchases, but I had also decided to upgrade to the pro version of Studio One (I had been using Cakewalk Sonar). So the total cost of ownership (including upgrading the 24 to the pro version) was $2,800 (USD) for the 24 and $3,000 for the 32. Just $200.

Although I'm aware that there is actually a common strategy for manufacturers in pricing their mid-tier product closer to the upper tier product, which I fell for I guess (note: it's not a dishonest strategy), I do think that PreSonus should consider dropping the upgrade price of Studio One Pro for the 24 to something like $150 to $200, instead of $300. Just a thought.

The 32 is beautiful and not really that much physically bigger than the 24 (although I already have a case I could have used for the 24--oh, well). I am happy.

Mark
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:40 am
Don't sweat the case part. They are close in size, but if you look closely at the specs, the Series 3 mixers are slightly larger than the AI counterparts.

Congrats on the purchase. Its an outstanding mixer.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by MikeGoodwin on Wed May 31, 2017 9:06 pm
My 24 is on the way and I have to say that I am stoked. I am going to be using it mostly in the studio but it just might get out once in a while for shows. I got sucked into it by getting used to the Studio 192. Having the Fat Channel working in conjunction with S1 is just something I do not want to give up. Oh not to mention remote everything. Now it is just the waiting game.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1