6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to set the date and time so files created on SD card are accurate and not sometime in 1980?
by chuckgollnick on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 pm
Ah... anyone have any thoughts on this question? I have the same issue. My StudioLive23 dates all files to December 31, 2025... not very helpful.
by SwitchBack on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 am
I don't think there's a clock inside the console. So the date stamp is just a dummy.
by chuckgollnick on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 pm
That's actually disappointing given that a real time clock chip would add about ten cents to the cost of the product and would have been very nice to date/time stamp the files.

I wonder if it will use a network clock if it's connected to a network?
by SwitchBack on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 am
Hmm. An RTC requires a battery, and a battery requires user access to allow replacement, which opens a can of worms regarding casing, safety and warranty. I can see how an RTC could add more than ten cents to the con's in the business case…
by tomvoiles on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 am
Disappointed to find this is just the way it is, since it's a year later and the new ones are the same way. Any low-level recorder includes a way to set the date and time on files produced. From a UX perspective, it's pretty poor. I have to go in and add a date time to each file, while I'm thinking of it, or it becomes a mystery as to when it was recorded.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1