5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm looking to get some furniture designed around the SIII 32 - can anyone confirm if the side panels can be removed, as was the case with the AI models?

Thanks,

Andy Grinham
by psusername on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 am
Hi,

There are a bunch of screws along each side and bottom (they look like torques or star) but I have not tried to remove them. It also looks like the sides are an integral part of the structure since the board is very thin (high wise) toward the front. You might want to build a desk that the board would drop or slide into from the front with the sides left connected (that is what I am thinking for mine).

Hope that helps,

p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by davidmurray7 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:12 pm
If you look at the mechanical drawings in the download section, sheet 3 shows the mixer with what looks like rack mount brackets on each side of the mixer which probably means it can be used for mounting into a mixing desk.
by paulweijenberg on Mon May 13, 2019 3:07 pm
It’s a bunch of screws but no problem at all. Beware of the right hand panel because it holds a (bluetooth/wifi?) transmitter outside the Farady cage the mixer is.
by SwitchBack on Mon May 13, 2019 4:09 pm
Officially I don't think the panels come off. For rack mounting the ears go over the sides (as per the mechanical drawings document.) Not sure what it does to your warranty when you remove the panels...

5 posts
Page 1 of 1