28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
I am having the same problem and i have two boards I am thinking its the firmware. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:39 am
You can find all firmware versions in your PreSonus account, the latest firmware version is also publicly available on the download page of your mixer.

You may have noticed that this thread is very old (2017+2018). The Series III mixers are not known for a freezing problem, so your problem might need some investigation. What about opening a support ticket?

https://my.presonus.com > Support > Create A Ticket (orange button)
by johnharmse on Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:57 am
Hi, my name is John and I have the same Freeze problems.
Been struggling with this for months.
I've read on form sites that this is a processor problem.
This seems to get too hot. A person has put cooling gel on it, and it still works. But I don't know if you want to do this yourself. I am sending my studiolive 3 back for repair (still under warranty).
Now temporarily have a Behringer uphoria as a replacement.
Since I thought it was just the audio, I now have the audio running through the Behringer and controlling the DAW through the studio live.
So far it works well without freezing. Gonna try that for the next 2 days. If that continues to work, there is a solution for it in the studio. It's still strange that presonus doesn't mention the problem, since this already exists from around 2016 and so now also in studio live 3. I'm going to bring it back in two weeks for repair. When that is done I will test it and post it on this formsite.
by johnharmse on Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:05 am
Oh yes, one more thing to add.
Definitely not the firmware.
Have tried everything.
Clean install on the mac and installed everything one by one to see if something could cause this problem, but it didn't.
Also tried all firmwares, but also doesn't work.
So the most logical is the heat of the processor, or the processor itself, or a fault in the motherboard.
All reasons to bring it back for repair as this will quickly cost € 700 outside the warranty
by PAE Seth on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 am
This is a very old thread. Please contact Support for any issues you are experiencing.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by javedmughal1 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:29 am
Jason & Kate wroteI have this exact same issue. When I record via the USB connection to my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit) it will eventually freeze or cause all the inputs to go dead. Connectivity is also lost between the PC and the board via USB. This was during a sermon in church and I had to shutdown and restart the board twice.... Not good.

Running all the latest Capture and Universal Control software.

Please Help!!

Hi:
I just got my 32SC last week and I am having the exact same issue on Windows 10. When board is connected to computer USB, everything starts to freeze and when I remove the USB, the windows starts to work fine.

The support tech told me to select USB compatibility mode on UC, this improved a bit but started to crash badly again after I installed VLC. This looks like a hardware issue to me.
Than even after removing the VLC, it was even worst than before.

Here is another clue, I removed the UC and reinstallled but only installed the Revelator io24 driver. The Revelator worked perfect on the same USB port on the exact same system. No issue at all with UC for Revelator on the sand system.

Also. I installed Behranger X32 on the same USB port on the same system, it also worked flawlessly.

This proves that there is nothing wrong with any of our PC systems and this have to be a HW/SW issue with 32SC
by SwitchBack on Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:14 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Old thread indeed. The USB connection remains a sensitive element in the whole setup of these mixers. The most likely culprit is difference in settings between the mixer, your computer's system (sounds) audio and your other active audio applications (like Studio One). Make sure that everything is on the same bit depth and sample rate.

Explanation: If the settings don't match then the mixer has to reconfigure every time an app with different settings tries to access it. The time that takes will make the USB connection hang, especially when sample rates don't match. And then you can't access the mixer anymore and a restart is required.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:44 am
Have you updated the Windows driver?

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... dows-10-11

28 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2