8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Howdy,

Currently running twin cascaded 32.4.2. Big question is Cascading two 32 Series 3 mixers is that on the horizon/agenda and approx when ?

Best
J
by klypeman on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:48 am
I guess that won't happen as it is USB and if only as aggregated device in Mac for recording the preamps and comp + eq ect..
This is only a guess and if made so later on :D

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:32 am
Again :readit: - the SL III series mixers can not be cascaded, but there will be some kind of option to add a second mixer in the AVB network. Up to now there is no further information available about this, but it is clear: If you need more than 32 channels, the SL AI and RM mixers are the only alternatives. This has been discussed in this forum many times and it is worth reading what Ray Tantzen has written about this theme. There is a lot to read here, but you can find a lot of helpful information.
by matthewgorman on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 pm
jamiecloughhley wroteHowdy,

Currently running twin cascaded 32.4.2. Big question is Cascading two 32 Series 3 mixers is that on the horizon/agenda and approx when ?

Best
J

I wouldn't expect it any time soon. When the Series 3 mixer were announced, there was much concern about the AI/RM mixers. That is a separate eco system with continued development for applications needing cascaded mixers. AVB may expand the channel count at some point, but probably not any time soon.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:31 pm
True, AVB 2nd generation might bring some really interesting solutions, but there are questions that need to be answered today. May I quote PreSonus again (Facebook in December/January):

"The StudioLive 32 does not support cascading. However, you can network multiple StudioLive 32 consoles and computers using AVB networking. They won’t operate as a single mixer, as with cascaded devices, but you can control them all with UC Surface."

"No, the Series III can not be expanded to more than 32 channels. If you need an expandable mixer with more than 32 channel we recommend the StudioLive AI console of rack mixers."

For recording it's actually the same. 32 tracks plus a few more is it. It could be more with Dante, but Dante is not on board, so let's see if recording over AVB will become reality. There might be more than 64 tracks possible. The year is still long... ;-)
Is it possible to cascade 3 RM AI mixers? I currently have an RM32AI & an RM16AI cascading for 48 channels. Can I add another RM16AI to expand to 64 channels? And if so, how is that done?
by wahlerstudios on Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:34 pm
AVB I allowed cascading of two devices (rack mixers) and the integration of the "StudioLive CS18AI control surface" and you can still find traces of the

StudioLive AVB 16AI Mix System
StudioLive AVB 32AI Mix System
StudioLive AVB 48AI Mix System
StudioLive AVB 64AI Mix System

on the download page of the PreSonus web site (PreSonus -> Support -> Downloads). AVB II does not allow cascading of mixers, so the only mixer using the full 64x64 AVB network is the Series III 64S.

What might be more important is that PreSonus has "ended development support for FireWire products". You might want to check this Knowledge Base article.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... evelopment
thank you!!

8 posts
Page 1 of 1