28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
The Save and recall buttons on the mixer keep flashing after you already selected to save or recall a scene, thus making you unsure if your save or recall has taken affect.

When will the known issues in the V1.0.11489 release ie fader incorporation of GEQ , Meter improvement in VU meters of Compressors, and more importantly FX return channels not having a an Aux sends view going to be resolved. My understanding was that all problems would be taken care of before shipping, that was the purpose of waiting for another few weeks to have the new firmware installed prior to receiving it.

Other than that I am getting used to the new mixer and have been pleased with most of the areas as of right now. If you can please respond soon I would appreciate it. As I plan on using this for a tour coming up.
by bubbaguth on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:34 pm
The Save and recall buttons on the mixer keep flashing after you already selected to save or recall a scene, thus making you unsure if your save or recall has taken affect.

Your saved scene will show up on the scene list and your recalled scene will display in the "Current Scene" field. This should you provide the confirmation that you are looking for.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by davidmurray7 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:55 pm
I really have to agree with you that the scene save and recall is still a little flakey. It does not work like the manual says it should work. I spent a hour or so trying to recall a scene I thought I saved yesterday, but it would not come back. Some of the other scenes save would come back, so I didn't lose too much of the configuration. I think I am ready to do our first service with the new board. We'll see tomorrow! So far the board has generally been working well.
by berdy24 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:45 am
I recently had the same issue. I saved a scene and a came back a day or 2 later and the scene was unable to be recalled.
by matthewgorman on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm
Can you guys list step by step what you are doing? Can you also list the firmware version reported by the mixer?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by stingray1122 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:07 pm
The description of the scene save/load in the manual has some errors and we're fixing them now.

To save a scene, after pressing Store you'll see the text entry screen. After entering the name for your scene, press enter on the screen to save. You should then be taken back to the scene list screen where you should see the saved scene in the list. for the scene slot you had selected to save to.

GEQ on faders will be released next week.

VU meter improvements will be next month (scheduled for the week of the 20th of April).

I don't have a date for the Aux send view for the FX returns. In the meantime the work around is to use the FX return faders on the associated mix layer.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by davidmurray7 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:54 pm
I had another incident today with a scene not being saved. I then tried to repeat the exact steps that I followed, but all subsequent tries were successfully saved.
I believe I am using the most recent firmware. It is 1.0.11489. The steps that I used were as follows:
1. Push the SCENES button. (both STORE and RECALL buttons flash)
2. Go to an "empty location" and touch that location. (screen highlights it in blue)
3. Press the STORE button (screen changes to a text entry screen)
4. Enter the scene name and press the ENTER key on the touchscreen. (the screen changes back to the main Scene screen and the scene name appears on the "current Scene" text box. Both STORE and RECALL buttons are still flashing)
5. This is the point where I am not sure exactly what I did next, but on the retries I did a recall of a previous scene and also just exited out to the mix, but each time the scenes were saved correctly. I will try to pay better attention to what my exact steps are on exiting and the state of the mixer each time I save a scene.
by berdy24 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 am
I had the same issue. After saving as the above person mentioned. the scene was not saved. Also the gain reduction VU meter does not work regularly on the vintage models of compressors. Is the compressor still compressing even though the meters are not working? (I have the most up to date firmware as mentioned above in original post.)
by davidmurray7 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:45 pm
OK, I did some more investigation and was able to repeat the problem. It appears that the first scene I try to store after a power up does not store correctly and cannot be recalled. If I recall a scene before I do the first store, then the first store will work fine. I shot a video of the problem showing how the first store did does not recall. I should have narrated it as I went along, but I didn't. So it goes as follows. I had turned the mixer on and it comes up in its last known state. I worked with the mixer a little and that's where the video starts.
I pushed the SCENE button.
I scrolled to an empty location.
Hit the STORE button.
Enter the text "Test15"
Hit the Enter button (goes back to the Scene screen and Test15 is in the current scene window)
I then selected another Scene "Dave Start Ref" and pushed the "RECALL" button and the mixer went to that scene. (you might be able to hear the faders jump to their position)
I pushed the SCENE button again to enter the scenes and scrolled down to scene "Test15".
I pushed the recall button but nothing happened. I pushed it multiple times, but still nothing.
I then selected "Dave Start Ref" and hit recall and nothing happened because I was still in that scene. So I pushed another scene "Dave Ref 2" and it went to that scene. I selected another scene "Ferndale 1" and it went to that scene,
Finally, I selected "Test15" again and it would not recall. (end of video)

I turned the mixer off. Turned it on again and again the first scene I tried to store would not recall. I did another power cycle with the mixer, but this time I recalled one of my stored scenes first. Then I tried storing a new scene and it worked fine.
Hope this helps in solving the problem.

Video
https://youtu.be/UuNzCgsao2Q
by stingray1122 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:29 pm
Thanks for the report and the steps to reproduce with video. We'll take a look at this.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by jessweston on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 pm
I lost hours worth of work from this problem. Like mentioned above it seems to be the first scene made after board is powered on will not reload after it has been powered off and back on again. To be safe I have been saving multiple copies of the same scene. I hope it is a easy future fix with an update.
by berdy24 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 am
Presonus tech support have you been able to figure this out and make appropriate changes to correct this issue on the upcoming firmware update?
by jspring on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 pm
Hello everyone,

Jason in QA here.

I've been reading through the thread, and following the detailed steps (thanks Dave, for the video too), but I am so far unable to reproduce this issue, even on the same current public release firmware build 11489 that you guys have.

I can see clearly in Dave's video that it is in fact happening as described, but try as I might, it doesn't happen for me. The first scene I save after powering on the mixer always saves correctly and recalls correctly.

There's likely just some other detail here that no one has figured out yet.

If you are able to follow David's steps and make this happen reliably, it might be helpful for us to get a copy of the problem scene.

You can copy it from the mixer to your computer by opening UC Surface and going to the Scene Manager (SCN button > List button underneath it). From there you'll see the Mixer Memory on the left and your Local computer on the right.

Just find the problem scene that won't recall on the left in the Mixer memory section, then either select it so it's highlighted blue and then press the Right arrow in the middle to copy it over to Local, or you can click on the problem scene in the Mixer memory section and drag and drop it onto the Local section to copy it over.

Once it's copied to Local, you should be able to then right-click (two-finger click on a Macbook, etc.) and choose "Show In Finder" to open a Finder window to the folder on your computer where that .scene file is stored. For reference (or if you can't right-click or two-finger click), the location is

/Documents/PreSonus/StudioLive AI/Library/Presets/Scene

When you have located that problem .scene file, you can comment here again and attach it.
by psusername on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:40 pm
Hi,

I tried to save a scene and a few others using Davids procedure and all the saves worked (and I was able to recall them without problems).

Let me know if you want to try some other tests :D

p

My specs are:

Capture = 2.3.0.41943 (Feb 17 2017)
UC = 2.0.0.41902 (Feb 15 2017)
StudioLive 32 FW = 1.0.11489 (Feb 17 2017)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by berdy24 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am
Hi All-
I have been trying to recreate the steps used as above as well as on my own. I am happy to say that for some reason the problem has yet to happen again. I will continue to double save until I feel confident that the problem is resolved. I will continue to test things using different methods and see if the problem returns. If it does I will try to repost my findings.
by davidmurray7 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:54 pm
Unlike Berdy24, I am still having an issue with saving scenes. Thanks Jason for looking into this problem. I have done the same steps as my first video and each time I have the same results - no saved scene. I took your advice Jason and copied the scene file name to a local drive usnig UC Surface. I then tried to attach the file, but the file size is 0KB and the upload says the file is empty and will not upload (see the second video). All successfully saved scenes seem to be about 143KB. I have done two videos as I went through the steps. The first is the saving of the scene from the mixer itself and the second is using UC Surface scene save utility. Both show the same results. This is getting frustrating as I lost another scene that I thought I had saved correctly and lost another hours work. The videos can be viewed on youtube at the following links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDGHKfk ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMHRw-5 ... e=youtu.be
by jspring on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am
Just an update here...

We are still as yet unable to reproduce this issue, meaning so far the developers have no way to see it happen so they can understand what's going wrong, and that makes it difficult to know what the problem actually is and what might be needed to fix it. It's definitely on our radar though.

With that said, we've only had a handful of customers like yourselves report this problem (the majority are probably in this thread actually), and I believe that Tech Support has found in dealing with some of these cases that doing a Factory Reset on the mixer, to clear user data and return the mixer to factory default settings, appears to have eliminated the problem for these customers.

To perform a Factory Reset on a Series III mixer:

1) If you've created any Scenes or Presets that you want to keep, you can copy them from the mixer to your computer using UC Surface. See Section 5.5.4 and Section 5.5.5 of the StudioLive Software Library Reference Manual, pg. 43-45

2) Now you can perform a Factory Reset of the mixer by powering it on while holding the FX button (in the Master Control section, under the screen). Once you see the "PreSonus" splash screen, you can let the FX button go. The mixer boot time will take slightly longer as it clears all user data and resets all mixer settings back to factory default.

Once the Factory Reset has been performed, you can try saving and loading scenes as before.
by jessweston on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:46 am
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but a factory reset and firmware update seems to have fixed the save recall problem for me. First scene after board is turned on is saving and recalling Fine so far even after power cycle.
by russeldockins on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:25 am
bubbaguth wrote

Your saved scene will show up on the scene list and your recalled scene will display in the "Current Scene" field. This should you provide the confirmation that you are looking for.

----WRONG---
It may show on the screen but does not confirm that it was saved. I have found it un-recallable. The screen recall does not work at all. I use my Mac book pro to make stores and recalls but that is no guarantee. I have recalled with the Mac some that I have stored and they do not recall because they did not save. THIS IS A REAL ISSUE. I have been using Persons boards for over 5 years. This is a software issue that needs fixed now.
by davidmurray7 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 am
I have completed a full factory reset of the mixer and rebuilt my mixer setup scenes from scratch. The problem seemed to go away when I had partially rebuilt my scenes, but when I had completed all the scenes, the problem has returned. I am now thinking that it may be something very specific in my configuration that is causing the problem. I am now loading the Zero Reset Scene each time I shut down because when the mixer starts with that scene there is no problem. I have raised a ticket with PreSonus and we are working on solving this issue. I will post again when we find the solution.

28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2