2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just curious how many characters can be used on the Scribble strips for labeling track names? I used to have a Mackie Control and I think that was limited to only 7.

Thanks!
by psusername on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:20 pm
It looks like it is the same 7 character limitation with the release FW v1.0.11489. However, if you go over 7, the scribble strip removes the middle character and adds periods so "my name" will appear correctly, but "mylargename" appears as "myl..ame".

The user editing features for naming tracks I find is pretty limited with the virtual keyboard within the SL32 and it's a bit funky to use (does not always catch your typing). You also can't seem to generate a carriage return to go to another line, so the user input to the scribble strips is limited to just one line of 7 characters of upper/lower case letters, punctuation marks, and numbers.

On the odd side, when you select a edit box on the mixer (channel name for instance), you get an edit box that allows you to enter a bunch of characters (maybe 50 or so) but when you press Enter you can only see about 15 characters from the center of the string of characters you entered (and string is centered in the display, so the beginning and ending characters are cut off - and out of the 15 characters, only 7 appear on the scribble strip as described above.

I think there is room for improvement here in a future FW release, but I am sure Presonus has bigger fish to fry right now.

I plan to be using my SL32 in the studio with a Studio One, so I will be setting up naming things with a keyboard on a larger screen, so for me, the limitations should be less of a problem.

Hope that answers your question!

Take care,

p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428