131 postsPage 2 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
Could one expect Presonus 24 in your product line?
by Pastormyles on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:44 pm
Is it just me or did the pre-order price just jump by a couple hundred dollars at every retailer?
by Sing4LTS on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 am
Yeah. It looks like they all raised the price by $300
by douglyons on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 pm
I bet that price increase to $2999 is to cover the shipment of Studio One Professional, the full function DAW that comes included with the Series III. Late last fall they were advertising the Series III to come with the Artist version of Studio One. I think to buy full function Professional is $499 vs. Artist is $99.

PreSonus StudioOne 3 Pro with many 3rd party plug-ins and sample sounds
PreSonus StudioLive Series III 32-channel mixer and AudioBox 22 VSL interface
HP Envy w/AMD A10 2.5GHz 5750M APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, 64-bit, 16 GB RAM
LaCie 3 TB 7200 rpm external HD
Condenser mics: Roswell mini K47, AKG C214, (2) Rode NT5
Dynamic Mics: Heil PR35, Shure SM57, Heil PR28, Sennheiser e604, Sennheiser e601 II, Audio-Technica ATM230
dbx 1231 graphic eq
Monitors: PreSonus Eris E5, PreSonus Temblor T10 Subwoofer, and Alesis M1Active 320 USB.
by stingray1122 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:18 pm
Shipping Update

We're back from an awesome NAMM show. Thanks to those who made it out.

The day before the show we had some meetings with our Engineering and QA team to figure out how much longer y'all have to wait for the mixers to ship. Here's the word.

All version 1.0 features are complete and we've gone from having an average of 30-40 bugs to 5-10. Remember, bugs are like a revolving door. When one is closed, another opens. So the fact that the average number of bugs has dropped that much is a great sign.

We're now focusing all our testing efforts on the new technology and maximum number of connected devices to push the limits of the mixer. The goal is to find the limits, make sure they don't cause any failures, and find any bugs that may be lurking in the shadows.

Technically we could probably ship the mixers this month but we're just not comfortable shipping until we have more real world test time on things like the SD Card and AVB networking and the remote apps. We want to make sure the mixer is solid when you get it.

So...

The official word is the mixers will be shipping by the end of February. That means most of you who preordered will see your mixer in the first week of March. If things go well over the next couple weeks we may be able to ship a littler earlier.

Thanks again for your patience. We're as anxious to ship the mixers as you are to receive them.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by guyhawkins on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 pm
Thanks so much for the update. I understand the timeframe and I personally would rather wait until you guys have had a chance to work through the quirks to get it right. You only get one chance to release a new product and sometimes the online criticism, even the mal-intentioned and inaccurate criticism, can be brutal and damaging to an the entire brand. I am keenly interested in how the stagebox development is going. Specifically, I am assuming it is AVB connected...what's new in the PC market to make AVB network support more accessible and reliable. Any insight on the stagebox topic yet?

Guy Hawkins - gHawk Sound

StudioLive 32 series III, 32R, 24R, QSC k12, JBL 718s, Yamaha DSR 112s, Studio One Pro, Cubase, a whole lot of analog rack gear that I'm now considering resale value.
by motoxracer400f on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:26 am
I understand you want to release a product after all the bugs have been squashed and I agree, however I already paid for this board 4 months ago on pre-order (along with paying interest) and I don't even have a board in my studio to show for. It's frustrating when you sell your old equipment and build a custom desk while awaiting shipment. I know it's my fault for pre-ordering, but I had many other options, and I chose PreSonus because I really liked the previous boards. I can understand 1 month, maybe 2 for pre-order but 4 or 5 months is unsatisfactory in my book.
by bodeadeleye on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:56 pm
Hi, when is this mixer getting to us in Canada?? I pre-ordered this since October!! I sold my only 16-4-2 believing that I would get this by December....I've rented another mixer as a stop-gap for use in my studio - costing me additional money! Please Presonus, you can do better than this!
by bodeadeleye on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:03 pm
Hey Presonus, I just read above that this will be shipping at end of February????? This is unbelievable!! Presonus should not have announced this in the first instance if they were not sure that their acts were together!!

End of February is just unthinkable for me! I have lots of work to do here!! If not that I want to remain on single platform all over - I should be giving this a second thought and start looking for another mixer that will more importantly control S1 with great feature-sets.
by tcarnes68 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 pm
I'm biting my tongue when I say this but I am having the same feelings. I sold my 32ai to fund this. S3 is paid in full, just waiting on shipment. I don't have a board at all right now. I too was under the impression that the boards were shipping December. I know bugs are bugs and we need them fixed first but ........... :?
by chayinmacias on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:49 pm
Any Updates on arrival for the Studio Live III? NAAM is over. :D
by chayinmacias on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:54 pm
ARGHHHHHHHH! Another month?!!!!! :evil: Presonus should have better sales rep. DONOT SELL SOMETHING THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE.!! :thumbdown: NOT good for the presonus sales reputation.
by brianmackender on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:33 am
I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I sold my QU24 to fund this thinking it would ship in December. I'm losing gigs and money now. Lesson learned.

Windows 10
i7 6700k
16gb DDR4 Ram
S1 v3
by codyreynolds3 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:35 pm
Having spent a number of years working in IT, I get it! It is a bummer to have to wait longer - I'm super stoked for the new board! But I am glad that you are making sure the bugs are all worked out. You can't always make specific plans when bugs are involved, it is the nature of bugs. It is why we have hung onto our SL 24.4.2 until the new ones arrives. That's just how you do it!

Y'all are doing a great job! We were just about to pull the trigger on a rack and CS, but decided to just wait for this one to become available. And we are happy to wait for the finished product! Gonna be great! :)
by jamesweindorf on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:42 pm
I hear both sides out there on the delay,I to have been waiting since November on my pre-order,with that in mind I still would rather wait on the complete package than be in the middle of recording and one of those nasty bugs jump out and screws it all up.

I saw on the thread that Studio One Artist was coming with the units, if this is true I think it might help soothe some souls out here with pre-orders that Presonus would bump us up to Pro at no charge due to the delays. Just a suggestion. :+1
by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:45 am
I saw on the thread that Studio One Artist was coming with the units, if this is true I think it might help soothe some souls out here with pre-orders that Presonus would bump us up to Pro at no charge due to the delays. Just a suggestion. :+1

Well then good news. The Series 3 32 channel version will be shipping with S1 Pro. I don't think the 16 channel will.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by stingray1122 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 pm
Shipping Update

We are now officially in February which means we're in the month the StudioLive 32 Series III will ship. Here's a peek behind the scenes.

Testing has been going really well and the mixer and all associated apps are feeling solid. We're wrapping up bug fixes and will go "code freeze" next week. This means the Engineering team should be done with everything for 1.0.

Once we're code freeze we'll release the firmware to the factory and our warehouses to begin updating the mixers. This is schedule to begin the 11th (next Saturday). During this time we'll continue to do testing on the release firmware to make sure there's nothing we missed. If we do find something we'll release an update that will be available as a download before the mixers arrive on your doorstep.

So, given the time it will take to update the mixers before shipping them out and to prep the software to be released (submitting to the App stores and testing the server downloads) we expect the mixers to ship the week of the 20th. If all goes well, the software will release on the 23rd, just in time for when you receive the mixers.

If anything changes form this, I'll let you know here. Thanks for your patience!

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by gregcloonh on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 pm
Any word on the Studio Artist One vs Pro and 32 channel vs 16 channel?
by stingray1122 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:24 pm
The StudioLive 32 will get Studio One Pro and the StudioLive 16 will get Studio One Artist.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by zarniaung on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:14 pm
Dear Ray, "mixers to ship week of the 20th" means week 20 (which is in May 2017)? OR 20th of this month. Please confirm as my preorder make since Nov 2016. Thanks for your swift reply.

131 postsPage 2 of 7
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7