44 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
berdy24 wroteI recently formatted the SD card using the card recommended and checked the speed status on the mixer and found that only 14 tracks can be recorded according to the mixer. I bought it through Sweetwater https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SDUltra32. I thought it could be due to the fact that you can not select 44.1 as opposed 48khz. Can you please provide assistance?

I have the same issue.....formatted the card correctly, used it to record 16 tracks, erased (formatted) it to load firmware updates, successfully updated firmware on the studiolive16 series III, formatted again, it showed 30 GB available (from the mixer), but only 3 tracks to record on
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am
How did you format? A quick format through windows will only make the memory available to overwrite, but not erase completely. You want a full format.

Better yet, use the tool at the link below.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by berdy24 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:13 am
Yes you need a different card. The correct card is

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J ... UTF8&psc=1
by andresrowig on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:05 am
Hi,
I tried recording a concert on the sl 32r. It is completely messed up. There are missing samples all few seconds. I tried 2 different cards already. Same problem. This is stereo only at 48kHz. Shouldn't any card be fast enough? One of them came from a video drone, which surely has a higher requirement on the sd card and I used the sd card formatter. Is anybody successful in recording with the Rack version and what can I do?
Thanks
Chris
by roblof on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:32 am
Most sd-cards are optimized for single file streaming. Think a fast video stream.

As soon as you introduce multiple streams, like 32ch of audio or so, then most cards will barf as they can’t sustain the high speed when reading and writing multiple files simultaneously.

andresrowig wroteHi,
I tried recording a concert on the sl 32r. It is completely messed up. There are missing samples all few seconds. I tried 2 different cards already. Same problem. This is stereo only at 48kHz. Shouldn't any card be fast enough? One of them came from a video drone, which surely has a higher requirement on the sd card and I used the sd card formatter. Is anybody successful in recording with the Rack version and what can I do?
Thanks
Chris

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:41 pm
PreSonus has published two articles about this theme. Would they answer your question?

Which SDHC Card should be used with SL Series III Consoles?
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000219906-Which-SDHC-Card-should-be-used-with-SL-Series-III-Consoles-

Recommended SDHC Cards for Multi-track Recording
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000921126
by andresrowig on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:33 am
The 32r only records 1 file stereo at a time on sd. No multitrack recording. All the articles and comments are about multi track ;)
by SwitchBack on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:55 am
You still have to erase the card using the tool and it must be an Overwrite format. And yes, that takes time.

The quick format option doesn't reset the memory cells, which means that the card will have to squeeze the overwrite time into the recording process as soon as it arrives at previously used memory blocks. Which explains the chops.
by bdwwashburn on Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 pm
I know this is off topic, but has anyone tried playing mp3s, like for break music, using the SD card?
by wahlerstudios on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am
The Series III mixers have an integrated 34x34 SD recorder with Capture on board as software, while the Series III rack mixers have a stereo SD recorder. The file format used is WAV. The typical use of the SD recoder is the multitrack recording of concerts and events.

What you are looking for is the classic "Tape In" function, which can be sourced via analog inputs (RCA), Bluetoooth, AVB Network and USB. There is also an option to choose SD card as source, but you would need Capture to play the tracks, which means that you have to first load all songs into Capture, which need to be in WAV format. This is possible, but I suppose it's much easier to use the "Tape" section of your mixer...

Owners manual sections 6 ("Tape Control") and 7 ("SD recording")
by williammims on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:16 pm
VERY GOOD NEWS SDXC!!!
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK... NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED AND I AM NOT A PRESONUS EMPLOYEE NOR A PAID ENDORSEE... FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!!!
FYI - update - While I know this is still never going to be officially supported, I have discovered that using Sandisk Extreme MicroSD XC I V30 U3 A2 rated cards of the following sizes: 64GB, 128GB, and 512GB test perfectly every time tested as good for the max 34 track simultaneous audio recording on my Series 3 SL32 board. The key seems to be using the following for wiping and formatting the SDXC micro cards:

I tried several formatting/partitioning utilities/softwares and found that AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition works every time where ALL others fail with SDXC cards. I have only used the "write 0" wipe option once. It is optional so far but I wanted to test all methods. Whether I just deleted the exFAT partition and then performed adding and formatting a new FAT32 partition or first did a "zero" bits wipe and then created/formatted the new FAT32 partition, all 3 of these SDXC drives tested perfectly over and over for 34 track capable write speeds on the StudioLive 32 Series 3. Just FYI...

Hopefully I'll eventually get around to actually writing 32 simultaneous audio tracks if I can get enough people to participate or find someone with audio splitters so that less sources can feed muiltiple audio inputs at once. The most I normally record at once is 12-18 tracks.

These 3 cards were purchased brand new straight from Western Digital/SanDisk.

See attached photos showing the cards and screenshots of the speeds and test results on the mixer for each card. I performed multiple tests for the 512GB SDXC just to show repeatability.

20200114_232433 small.jpg

20200114_233737 small.jpg

20200114_234016 small.jpg

20200114_234838 small.jpg

20200114_235027 small.jpg

20200114_235535 small.jpg

Peace!
Will
Last edited by williammims on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by williammims on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:28 pm
Keep in mind, all other SDXC cards I tried previously failed miserably below 16 tracks ratings before I discovered the AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition as the best FAT32 total wipe formatting tool! Don't know why it works better.

I am now going to test some really fast Samsung Micro SDXC cards I tried before this round of experiments and see if they perform better now. If they do, then it's a combination of the cards used plus using the AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition free download program. Will update as soon as I have more info.

Thanks!
Will
by williammims on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:50 pm
Two new Lexar full size SDXC cards rated at the latest greatest speeds still fail miserably below 16 tracks every time even formatting with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition. They did not improve.

Samsung micro SDXC card I have is next.
by williammims on Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:48 am
Tested a little older Samsung Micro SDXC card that originally only tested for 24 tracks consistently.
Wiped it with zeroes and then partitioned/formatted it with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition and now get 33 to 34 tracks on it. I've had that micro SDXC for a couple of years.

My conclusion is use new micro SDXC cards straight from Western Digital/SanDisk site (better guarantee of no flaky fake ones), use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition to do a full "zero out" wipe, then partition/format and you have a very great chance of having a 34 track capable card of the very large variety. 64GB and 128GB cards were the fastest data rates, but I consistently made the grade with the 512GB card. 128GB card is a full night of 32 track data for most gigs. I would assume the 256GB cards will work as well. I will probably purchase and test one from Sandisk at this point. It's only time and money. LoL!!!
by tcarnes68 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:31 am
Nice thank you. I will be looking into these options.
by williammims on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:11 am
New update. I need to play with the 512gb some more. It will not go to the record session screen when trying to create a new session.

HOWEVER, there is no problem with the 128gb sandisk and I am currently recording 32 tracks of white noise (channels faders maxed with trim gains maxed). It reported 7 hours and 41 minutes of recording time available when I started a little while ago. You can see on the attached screen pic that I was a couple minutes into the record test. With where the meters are with the channels maxed out, I should be able to hear any dropouts of the noise when I load it into Studio One 4.

I may go close to the 7 hours, but will let it run a minimum of 4 hours.

I would stick with the 128gb Sandisk micro SDXC cards until I buy and test a 256gb card of the same model. I am also going to revisit the 512gb card as well.

Regardless, I would say a couple of 128gb cards at 7.67 hours of 32 track audio each would make it easy to keep a full show capable card pre-formatted at all times!

I hope this helps!
20200115_075739_1579093784243.jpg
by williammims on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:47 am
Update- Sdxc 128gb still recording 32 tracks. I actually recorded a very very short time 32 tracks before starting the long 32 track test as can be seen by the current time and total time plus time remaining.

20200115_113321_1579106560726.jpg
by klypeman on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:43 pm
ThNks for doing this will try out this

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by williammims on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 pm
While there were some errors, I never found any glitches or dropouts. Talk about a long and boring listening session...
by williammims on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am
64gb Sandisk that tests over 8000kbps consistently (just like my 32gb sdhc cards) had ZERO errors recording until the disk was full. About 3 hours and 50 minutes of 32 track recording continuously.

44 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3