59 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
There will be several stagebox options and configurations for different needs and IO requirements. I can't get into the details of each just yet.

The higher sampling rate is to allow for compatibility with future products.

The personal monitor mixers will each have a 16 channel local mixer. They will be fed 16 channels of audio from the network similar to an AVIOM. For example, you could use two channels to send a stereo drum submix. They will also have line outputs and a headphone output. Other details will be coming as we get closer to launch.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by andya on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:20 pm
@stingray1122 Now that the mixers have been release, can you tell us any more about the forthcoming stageboxes? Or when should we expect an announcement about those?
by [email protected] on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:43 pm
Will it be possible to have a 32 channel stagebox for the 16 channel mixer? Any layers on the mixer that can handle more inputs than the faders?
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:51 pm
Must be. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense to have 32 channels under the hood...
by salvadoredelle on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:27 pm
Let's hope they do allow the 16 to use a 32 stage box. I'm using my m compact with a dl32 and love that I can take it to gigs and have all 40 inputs in a small package. The full size m in a case is a 2 man with a truck job. The compact and dl32 I can Rangel myself and still have all 32 mic inputs plus the ones in the console too.

So how would the series III 16 handle a 32 stage box?
Will it have routing capabilities so you can also use the console inputs?

I like this idea! To have the 16/32 combo...!!
And also I use the M & B boxes in 16/16 on the stages sometimes... love having a split box system.
Hope we can do this with the P boxes coming... sounds like they may have a few configurations we can choose from and also have a basic 8 ch drop box AVB little brother is real handy!

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by sjc193 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm
salvadoredelle wroteLet's hope they do allow the 16 to use a 32 stage box.

I'm quite certain I read a post from Ray that says exactly that.

The SL16 III has the exact same guts as the SL32 and is actually a 32 channel mixer with only 16 onboard inputs and input faders. Should be able to do 32 using layers.

That said, they have said that they cannot be cascaded, it seems they don't have plans for these to go over 32 channels. But don't take my word for that, who knows really. . .

Makes more sense that you could use stage boxes up to 64 channels (at least) and flip through the layers to control them all with just the SL16 faders, but I have not seen anyone say that it will go over 32 in any way, I've only heard people say "only 32" in posts here. . . That makes sense if using dummy stage boxes, the mixer would need to be capable of 48 or 64 channels and these are NOT, only 32. If they could cascade, then 2 SL 16's with stage boxes could provide a 64 channel mixer, but they have said several times, no cascading.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by stingray1122 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:18 pm
[email protected] wroteWill it be possible to have a 32 channel stagebox for the 16 channel mixer? Any layers on the mixer that can handle more inputs than the faders?

Yes. The StudioLive 16 is a full 32 channel mixer under the hood. It has the sam 32 inputs and 16 FlexMixes plus 4 fixed subgroups. All this will be accessible with the Stageboxes.

sjc193 wroteThat said, they have said that they cannot be cascaded, it seems they don't have plans for these to go over 32 channels. But don't take my word for that, who knows really. . .

The Series III mixers top out at 32. There is no cascading to get higher channel counts.

We will have options for stageboxes that range from 8x8 to 32x16. The first will be shipping around May/June with more coming through the end of the year.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by josiaholhava on Sat May 13, 2017 2:51 pm
stingray1122 wroteWe will have options for stageboxes that range from 8x8 to 32x16. The first will be shipping around May/June with more coming through the end of the year.

Is this timeframe still correct? Also, I understand there will be some other products like personal monitor mixers. Any timeframe on those?
by wahlerstudios on Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am
There is no update of this information and on the product page it stiil says: "A complete ecosystem of AVB solutions, including stageboxes and personal monitor mixers, will be available in 2017."
by Skip Jones on Sun May 14, 2017 11:34 am
Don't think, and correct me if I'm wrong, 2017 is over quite yet.

[Mod Edit] New Stageboxes Released. Today's date is September 26, 2017.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by matthewgorman on Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 am
Its important to note: at the time of the original posting, there were no defined plans for a 24 channel series 3. However, there was a significant request from the user community for one. It's possible that the addition of that unit pushed the timeline back for the stage boxes. I say that because it seems to me, from the announcements anyway, that the 24 channel is following the stage box timeline of may/june release.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Levipu on Fri May 19, 2017 7:57 am
wahlerstudios wroteWhy should the stageboxes support higher sample rates? This would make no sense, as the two boards (SL 32 and SL 16) will only support 44.1 and 48 kHz. They use the processing power for other stuff. The RM series (and SL II) can handle higher sample rates, also in the future.

Is it really a step back? Which one of the competitors can handle 88.2 or 96 kHz? X? M? TP, QL, QU...? None of them can, so why should SL III?

Why you mad broh? :cry:
by henrinagelhout on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 am
Any ETA on those stage boxes?
My church is on the brink of purchasing a digital board.
Been eyeballing the SL16 but no stagebox will probably push the decision
towards A&H QU-16 with dSnake.

PC: MacBook Pro 13" (2016), i5-6267U, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD, macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Interface: Audiobox iTwo | MIDI: Nektar Impact LX61 | Monitors: Eris E5 | DAW: Studio One 5.2.1 Pro
Plug-Ins: Amplitube 5, Komplete 11 Select, Melodyne 5 Editor, Superior Drummer 2.0, and various freebies
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm
As we are in the middle of 2017 we can't say, if "in 2017" will be correct. Everybody hopes so, but of course there will time between release and shipping. The "ecosystem" will anyway be released in steps. The basic stage boxes probably should be available first, because they are the "heart" of the system.

If you want and need to buy now, the only product to buy is the SL 16 series III mixer. A RM/CS combination might be an alternative, but costs more than the mixer you are thinking of plus a digital stagebox.
by peterpolaek on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 am
Hi, please, how is the date for release stageboxes or card to compatible rm/rml with series iii. I have a little anger with presonus politics of development. Its very slow and i must think about other manufacturers... i like presonus sound and mixers but its disappointing
by wahlerstudios on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:53 am
There will be no cards or stageboxes or whatever to connect any of AI mixers with any of the Series III mixers. The Series III mixers will have their own "ecosystem".

It was a surprise that PreSonus has released an own AVB switch yesterday, which is able to handle AVB I and AVB II, but this should NOT be understood in the way that now you could connect a SL 32 with a RM32AI. They simply can not talk to each other, even though they can use the same network structures.

I would expect the S III stageboxes next.
by peterpolaek on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 pm
It is a pitty. And do you know if the stageboxes for series 3 will be like rm series? (full operational mixer).
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm
peterpolaek wroteIt is a pitty. And do you know if the stageboxes for series 3 will be like rm series? (full operational mixer).

Not sure, but I heard an announcement was coming.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wahlerstudios on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:59 pm
Any "announcement" will be heard and appreciated. If the mountains speaks, we will all be here to listen... :D

From what I am allowed to know (you find it all in this and other threads) the Series III stageboxes will be NO MIXERS, but they will have some kind of processing. For example it was said that they will be able to handle 96 kHz, if any external device might need that (the mixers are strictly limited to 48 kHz). I think we need to see the coming stageboxes in a traditional way. They are meant to send and receive signals in a network situation, serving multiple purposes. Therefore they will be specialized tools with no "life" on their own.

The mixer (SL 32/24/16) is the "heart" of the concept with an "ecosystem" supporting it. It makes sense to keep this "architecture" clean. Nobody has really understood the complexity of features of the AI family of mixers. It would have been better to have digital stageboxes for the SLAI mixers and a separate controller/mixer/DAW system (CS and RM/RML). In this respect the Series III mixers have a better concept and the SL 16 seems to be quite cute.
by Karyn on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:28 pm
wahlerstudios wrote Nobody has really understood the complexity of features of the AI family of mixers..

Nobody? They're not that complicated....

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

59 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3