102 postsPage 1 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Can the transport controls on the new StudioLive III be used to control the transport in LogicProX?
Or are they just for the inbuilt SD card recorder?
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:47 am
The first phase of daw control will be Studio One most likely, probably just after launch if I heard correctly.

It was mentioned previously that Presonus is working on Mackie and Hui for control of 3rd party daws, anticipated to be available maybe Q1 2017? At that point, the transport controls should be working for daw use.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by stingray1122 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:03 am
We are working on MCU and HUI in addition to the native Studio One support for DAW control.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by GRESHUA on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:17 pm
How extensive will studio one control be
by michaelalgar on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 pm
stingray1122 wroteWe are working on MCU and HUI in addition to the native Studio One support for DAW control.

I am very interested in this. Will I be able to use it as a DAW controller only?

and as DAW controller, will we have access to ALL the faders? or will it be just 8 which need to be banked?

Please let me know.
Much appreciated
by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:10 pm
michaelalgar wrote
stingray1122 wroteWe are working on MCU and HUI in addition to the native Studio One support for DAW control.

I am very interested in this. Will I be able to use it as a DAW controller only?

and as DAW controller, will we have access to ALL the faders? or will it be just 8 which need to be banked?

Please let me know.
Much appreciated

Not sure you are on the right forum. This was posted in the forum for the new 32 channel mixer, and your question seems to be geared more for the Faderport 8?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by thomass1 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm not overly familiar with how daw controller protocols work, but would it be safe to assume that MCU and HUI would mean I could use the fat channel encoders to control 3rd party plugins?
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:12 pm
They are more of a universal language, and would be relevant more for 3rd party DAW control. If you are talking about 3rd party VST control in Studio One, that would most likely be handled the same as the CS18, using control link.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by thomass1 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:40 pm
matthewgorman wroteThey are more of a universal language, and would be relevant more for 3rd party DAW control. If you are talking about 3rd party VST control in Studio One, that would most likely be handled the same as the CS18, using control link.

I mean specifically for third party VSTs. I've spent a lot of years finding what works for me. for instance, I think the ProEQ from fabfilter is the best sounding clean digital I've run across. I would hope I could have that mapped to all my channels in the S1 instead of using the fat channel eq on the board itself. I might like the Slate blue stripe 1176 mor than the fet limiter on the console, I'd still like to have the hands on controls from the console's knob bank to take control of the 3rd part VSTs that live in my templates for my s1 sessions.

I know the point of the board isn't meant to be a daw controller, but I would hope this beast could control my collection of plugins and not have to have a whole other control surface for plugin parameters.

I can't be the only one holding my breath in hope on this one.
by matthewgorman on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:54 pm
Your answer confused me a bit, so I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

As I understand your question, you want to be able to use and control 3rd party effects in Studio One using the Series 3 mixer, and not be limited to using the eq on the mixer? If that was what you mean, then yes you will be able to, and that was what I was referring to. You will map plug in parameters to encoders on the mixer, when in daw mode. That is done through studio one's control link function.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by thomass1 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:02 pm
matthewgorman wroteYour answer confused me a bit, so I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

As I understand your question, you want to be able to use and control 3rd party effects in Studio One using the Series 3 mixer, and not be limited to using the eq on the mixer? If that was what you mean, then yes you will be able to, and that was what I was referring to. You will map plug in parameters to encoders on the mixer, when in daw mode. That is done through studio one's control link function.

Thank you, Matthew. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'm a new convert to s1 so some obvious things still get past me.

Cheers
-Thomas Lucy
by matthewgorman on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:15 pm
No problem Thomas. Terminology got in the way for me too. Glad I could help

Matt

S1Pro V5
by iuliancumpana on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:08 am
Bought StudioLive 32 III and I'm waiting for DAW control as, in fact, I bought it just for this reason as I'm working with Studio One 3 Pro as main DAW.
I'm building also new PC system.
My question to Presonus guys: in DAW control mode, will also, same time, have audio interface function or I should buy additional one? Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:28 am
iuliancumpana wroteBought StudioLive 32 III and I'm waiting for DAW control as, in fact, I bought it just for this reason as I'm working with Studio One 3 Pro as main DAW.
I'm building also new PC system.
My question to Presonus guys: in DAW control mode, will also, same time, have audio interface function or I should buy additional one? Thanks!

The mixer will serve both purposes. DAW button will allow for switching from controlling the mixer to controlling the daw

Matt

S1Pro V5
by iuliancumpana on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 pm
matthewgorman wroteThe mixer will serve both purposes. DAW button will allow for switching from controlling the mixer to controlling the daw

That's pretty clear to me. The question is if audio out and DAW control will be same time available.
I am trying to figure out the setup.
Today, I have to assign a channel (two in fact for stereo) to output the sound from S1 to SL32.
In DAW mode, as the faders will be assigned to the tracks in S1, I assume, somehow, the master fader will take over this function.
Another scenario: if I plug in a mic, will be the mic available as source input to S1 in DAW mode?
by matthewgorman on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:49 am
The audio interface portion of the mixer is always going to be available. What you want to do is map the main out of the daw, to channels 33-34, which are the digital return. That way you do not have to burn any channels.

Then it is a matter of where you want to control performance mixes while recording. My preference is to use the mixer for that, so I get out of daw mode, and control the auxes from the mixer. Once you set your preamp levels and pre or post fat channel recording, you can think of the daw as just a tape machine, capturing the signal based on those settings. Using a mixer is different than a traditional audio interface, so it takes a bit of rethinking the workflow at times. Its way more flexible though, so its worth the time investment.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by iuliancumpana on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm
matthewgorman wroteUsing a mixer is different than a traditional audio interface, so it takes a bit of rethinking the workflow at times. Its way more flexible though, so its worth the time investment.

Thanks Matt! Makes perfect sense.
Then let's see what DAW control comes with.
I hope soon.
by michaelalgar on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:47 am
At at what point are we gonna see DAW control for Studio One?
Will it be this year?
I am intending buying the 24 fader version, but I need DAW control.

and how long before DAW control for Logic etc?
by roblof on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:13 am
michaelalgar wroteAt at what point are we gonna see DAW control for Studio One?
Will it be this year?
I am intending buying the 24 fader version, but I need DAW control.

and how long before DAW control for Logic etc?

Edited my text since there is actually a sl24mk3 announced now...

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tournier1 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:13 am
Hi,
Today I move to get my new SL32V3 from the shop.
I am a S1 Pro user on a Mac, and I really love it.
Having a solid hardware environment (API, ELI, SSL...), I intend to use this console as my main DAW controller. I mean I do not especially need the pres or effects because I already own what I need. I thought it could be a very interesting replacement for my old HUI.
So, my question is the same as many other SLIII fans/users/wannabe :
"When will you make the DAW control available for Studio One please ?"
Thank you for your answer.

Studio One Professional / Studiolive 32 III / Imac 27" I5 / Yosemite 10.10.3 / 3TO Fusion Drive / 32 GO Ram / Firestudio Project x 2

102 postsPage 1 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6