102 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Last announcement was Q3-Q4 of this year.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by jasonpanks on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 am
Where are these announcements made? Is there a blog or something I can subscribe to?

Series III -32/ faderport 8/ Studio One Pro 3.5/ Microsoft Surface Pro 3-Windows 8.1 Pro/ Glyph Studio Mini HD/ Emotiva Big Ego DAC/ custom Mac-Sierra 10.12.6/ Sony MDR-7506 headphones/ various Mackie PA speakers
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:22 pm
"If you want to mingle and interact with PreSonus, please visit us at our PreSonus FaceBook Page or participate in one of the many closed FaceBook Community Product groups where PreSonus staff is already active." (quote from https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=25407)

Since the disconnection of the forums on May 5, 2017 we have seen no new information here. The PreSonus FaceBook page is also not very informative, as well as other "social media". Nobody knows what is happening and what the future of the StudioLive products will be.

I think nobody is happy with the situation.
by PAE Seth on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm
www.presonus.com

This should be your main source of information. All others are secondary.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:37 pm
"PreSonus Support's focus is now on providing information through our support portal, knowledge base and our Answers-based help pages and through social media." (quote from the same source as above)

In this text there is more to read about PreSonus' shift to social media, but of course Support, Knowledge Base and Answers of PreSonus' web site should be THE sources of information. "When will the StudioLive 32 iii have full Studio One 3 DAW Control??" was asked on June 7 in "Answers/StudioLive Series" with no answer from PreSonus yet. Instead there was an answer from PreSonus on FaceBook yesterday: "Coming soon"...
by illuminated on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:29 am
So, what's your point? What are you so upset about? It's obvious there is no set date for DAW Control.

Are you just trying to put pressure on Presonus? Why? What are you getting out of this personal Crusade?
by wahlerstudios on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:29 pm
Correct, there has never been a concrete date. When the SL III mixers were released on January 19, PreSonus used the term "coming soon" and it still says on the features page: "DAW control (Studio One, MCU, and HUI) coming soon". This "soon" is now getting 5 months old...

I have always recommended to NOT buy a product for what it might become, but for what it is on the day you buy it. But again the user community is facing an inconvenient situation. There are users who have bought a Series III mixer because of the announced DAW integration and they are desperately waiting for an information when this feature(s) will be available. As we all know, the history of StudioLive products has seen several cases of waiting for announced features or products, so was it wise to use a term like "coming soon"?

We are all sitting in one boat: The users of a Series III board asking about DAW control, stageboxes and personal monitors; the users of a legacy SL 16.0.2 and VSL, who need to survive in the world of Windows 10 and Mac OS 11; the users of CS/RM products, who are waiting for bug fixes for the cascading features as well as a firmware upgrade for the CS, allowing it to use the features of UC 2.x... Or think of RTA on iPad (AI family), MIDI for the RM mixers, or the FireWire lag. Some of those subjetcs are much older than 5 months...

It does not need me or anybody else to put pressure on PreSonus. Any company knows that it has to deliver, what is promised. For DAW control PreSonus says "soon", for the stageboxes and personal monitor mixers they say "in 2017". It was good news this week that UC 1.7.5 is becoming available for beta-testing. Hopefully this summer will see more good news for everybody in the StudioLive families, who is waiting for something. ;-)
by klypeman on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:58 am
stingray1122 wroteWe are working on MCU and HUI in addition to the native Studio One support for DAW control.

This was from October last year, now we are in June 2017, a little update on when (Q3/Q4 2017-2018) or if daw control will be available at some point would be most welcome at this time from Presonus I think.

Just my 10 cents worth.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by martinav on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:08 pm
I dont want to be negative, but I think we are due an explanation, or some sort of official update on this functionality. The last time we had a major feature delay, it was never implemented (AVB with series ii mixers). They had a good excuse, but I had two RM mixers, and a 32.4.2, and ends up they could never be fully utilized as desired. I have a third series iii on backorder, and if Presonus bails on deliver of this feature, I'm going to have a serious bone to pick. DAW control is a must. I will have lost all trust if this is not implemented before EOY 2017.

Please, guys, let us in on the progress, or if you are in some sort of crisis mode like you were with the AVB chipset that went obsolete on the series ii.

Respectfully,
Rod

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by stingray1122 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:29 pm
DAW control mode for the Series III mixers will be coming in a firmware update this year. I don't have an exact date yet.

Studio One control will come first and MCU/HUI mode will follow later (I can't say how much later yet until Engineering get's further into it).

I know it won't be before September.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by dwaynevalentine on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am
I hope you guys really knock this out of the box by allowing us to access the DAW in banks of 16 or 32 channels at a time, instead of just 8 channels at a time, like some of your competitor digital mixing consoles (Behringer X32). Having DAW control was a big selling point for us here at the studio, and was somewhat of a disappointment when it wasn't available upon purchase.

Dwayne
AudibleHeaT

MacOS 10.12 Sierra iMac 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 32Gb of RAM
Studio One 3 Pro/ Pro Tools 2018/ Cubase 9.5/ WaveLab 9.5
StudioLive 32 Series 3 /JBL LSR308 +LSR310S
Melodyne Studio 4, Slate Digital Everything Bundle, Waves Mercury
http://www.audibleheat.com
by martinav on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 pm
I agree dwayne. I just received my THIRD series 3 board. I now await the integration to be able to fully roll out my audio workstation!!! Please deliver soon!

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by iuliancumpana on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:03 pm
Any news guys about this DAW Control? September it's almost gone...

One question crossed my mind. In DAW Control mode, is mandatory to use same time SL3 as audio interface or will act as any other MIDI Controller and can I choose other audio interface for the song?
Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 am
iuliancumpana wroteAny news guys about this DAW Control? September it's almost gone...

One question crossed my mind. In DAW Control mode, is mandatory to use same time SL3 as audio interface or will act as any other MIDI Controller and can I choose other audio interface for the song?
Thanks!

If it operates similar to the CS 18, then you should be able to be in daw mode and use another interface. There are 2 ethernet connections on the back of the board, along with USB, so if you ONLY want control, then you don't need the USB connection. Control information for daw mode is done through the control port on the mixer.

Even if you have it connected via USB, you have a choice of which connected interface to use. At any given time, I have multiple FW and USB devices connected to my PC, and can choose any of them for the song I am working on.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by iuliancumpana on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:31 am
matthewgorman wroteIf it operates similar to the CS 18, then you should be able to be in daw mode and use another interface. There are 2 ethernet connections on the back of the board, along with USB, so if you ONLY want control, then you don't need the USB connection. Control information for daw mode is done through the control port on the mixer.

Even if you have it connected via USB, you have a choice of which connected interface to use. At any given time, I have multiple FW and USB devices connected to my PC, and can choose any of them for the song I am working on.

Thanks Matt.
By default other MIDI controllers are on USB. I saw that on the back says "Control" for one Ethernet connection, but thought that's something specific to it in conjunction with UC software.
If that will be the controller for DAW then it's perfect.
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:53 am
UC Net is the control software inside of UC. UC Net is what is used by the CS18, Studio One remote, UC Remote and Q Mix, FP8, and the series 3 mixers. It uses midi to communicate, but its contained in the UC Net package, so keyboards and synths should not interfere.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by wahlerstudios on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:20 pm
by johnpauldebard on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 am
I purchased the Studio Live iii to replace my Digi 002. Need me some DAW! I am learning Stidio One... I hope my efforts are not in vain.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm
"DAW Mode will be out for the console mixers before the end of the year"
Rick Naqvi, #PreSonusFAMFriday, Oct. 13, 2017
by markmorris4 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:50 pm
I’m disappointed to say the least that PreSonus has advertised and sold now two products that fail to deliver the feature set as advertised. I am a long time supporter of this company with racks of their equipment. Looking at the responses to our questions on DAW control on the Series III’s are almost verbatim to the responses on the CS-18AI/RM-32/16AI AVB issue. In my circle of professional contacts we call that by many names; breach, false advertising, and class action.

Intel 7700K 64gb DDR3 1600, Radeon RD-550, 8gb, HP 32in, Win10 Home 64bit, Pro Tools|HD 2018, Sonar Plat. 64bit, Presonus Studio One 3 64bit, Reason 9, Sibelius First, UAD Octo PCIE, SD 3

Midas M32, Presonus RM32AI, CS18AI, HS-60, Eureka, DigiMax D8, Faderport, Focusrite Saffire 56, BBX 882, Lexicon MX200, MOTU AVB switch, IConfigMIDI4+,SSL Duende. Yamaha/Rokit mons, JBL10 sub

Shure 57, 520D, e609, Rode NT1A, AKG414, 214, AT2020, EV RE20

Guitars by Martin, Gibson, Fender, Collings, Tobias
Mesa Mk V head/cab, Cab Clone, Fender Twin/Deluxe Reverb, Hartke 4.5, Axe-FX II XL, Digitech GNX4

102 postsPage 2 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6