7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Apologies if this has been covered before- I did try a search but without any luck

1st Q: Is there a way to make all 12 Aux sends available on the 24R when being used in Stagebox mode? Via UC, I can only access the 10 which the 32SC has.

2nd Q, possibly linked: I want to derive a second stereo output to feed a delay pair of speakers. No problem thinks me, I'll use the Digital Patching to route Main L&R to a paired Aux send. Works fine on the the 32SC, but the outputs on the 24R are still the aux mixes, not Main L& R.

Is there a configuration setting I'm missing?

TIA
by wahlerstudios on Fri May 03, 2024 6:23 am
The 32SC is a "32-channel mixer", which means that you will ALWAYS see the 32 input channels and 16 flex mixes in UC Surface. Hence the 24R in Stagebox Mode will receive all mixes (AVB 41-56), but it can use the physical outputs only.

The 24R has 12 mix outputs (AVB 41-52), so you need to route Main L/R to AVB output sends 51+52 aka mix outputs 11+12. AVB allows multiple routing.

Attachments
AVB-Output-Sends.jpg
by wahlerstudios on Fri May 03, 2024 6:25 am
This is what you should see in UC Surface. My mixer is a SL 16, so it's similar to the 32SC.

Attachments
Channel1_1.jpg
by SwitchBack on Fri May 03, 2024 2:37 pm
There's a good chance that you've been patching the wrong AVB table. I suggest a full patching reset to check if that restores Aux 11/12 to Mix 11/12 on the rack mixer (in stagebox mode). And then the easiest way to convert Aux 11/12 to a (delayed) Main mix is to turn it into a Matrix mix and raise the Main mix fader in that mix :)
by markedgar on Sat May 04, 2024 6:44 am
Thanks both for the comments- I've learned a bit more about routing. However I'm not quite there in terms of what I want to do. The plain AVB send repatch doesn't allow me to dial in a delay, and the matrix mode, whilst working for delay, is pre main fader, I'd like it post.

My rather clumsy solution (that I wanted to avoid) was patching Main L&R into mixer Channels 15&16, patching them to 31/32 then to an aux send.
by wahlerstudios on Sat May 04, 2024 10:12 am
You can set the matrix mode to postfade and raise the Main fader to unity. It will follow the Main L/R fader then.
by markedgar on Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am
wahlerstudios wroteYou can set the matrix mode to postfade

Doh! Should have thought of that. Thanks :)

7 posts
Page 1 of 1