7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm sending my Main L/R mix over AVB to some remote monitors, but they are deafening and I have to keep my main faders way down at around -60db. Is there a way to adjust the attenuation somewhere on the send so I don't have to put a monitor controller inline?
by SwitchBack on Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:40 pm
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

The series III mixers don't have a trim on the back as the v1/v2 SL mixers had so no, you have to find another way. Have you tried turning down the monitors themselves? From what you're describing they are set way too sensitive. Or maybe you're using a mic input instead of a line input?
by brianhook1 on Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:08 pm
Thanks for such a fast reply. They're set to standard 0db sensitivity, and I'm not doing anything other than sending Main L/R to AVB X/Y outputs.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:02 am
What does "AVB X/Y outputs" mean? This is not a term used in the StudioLive world. The "Digital Send Options" allow to set AVB, USB and SD output sends to pre or post (processing), which includes volume for network (AVB) outputs, but you need an AVB device like a mixer, stagebox or personal mixer to be able to 'receive' the signal and convert it to audio.
by brianhook1 on Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:27 am
Sorry, by AVB X/Y I was just trying to mean I have a set of AVB outputs of two channels. So call it AVB 31/32, which goes to one of my NSB16.8. From there I feed that to my monitors in another room.

So in digital patching I map Main L/R to AVB 31/32, which go to NSB16.8, and into my. monitors. Monitors are set to +6db (min sensitivity on Genelecs). But I have no remote volume control other than my main faders, which are riding down at -50/60 to keep things less than deafening. With my control room monitors this is easy to deal with because I can use the control room attenuator. On non-64S mixers I can use the output level adjustment, but for whatever reason the 64S does not have this.

I was hoping there was some kind of attenuation I could apply, but it's start to look like a monitor controller would be necessary.
by SwitchBack on Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:00 am
The speakers may be too powerful for the room, but even then you shouldn't need to go to -50dB on the main fader. Without the speakers, what sort of meter levels do you have on the main outputs of the mixer when the main fader is at unity?
by kirkenihalden on Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:41 pm
Not really an answer to your question, but a work able solution: Send your main L/R to a stereo matrix, and send the return from that matrix out to your stage box. That way you can park your master fader at unity, and then adjust how strong a signal you want to send out over AVB.

Matrixes are darn useful tools.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1