34 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Was this issue ever resolved? I’m having the same problem and can’t figure this out. I’d like to purchase one of the plugin bundles at cost but I’m sure not going to do that until I can get the free ones to stay loaded on to my mixer first. :|
by nelsonleeroy on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:42 pm
Hey guys,

Got the exact same issue here on the studio live III 64s
I opened a ticket 10 days ago, the dev team is looking into a solution...
But it's really weird one, really really weird.

Does anybody has fixed it?
by SwitchBack on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm
Other than all other points mentioned before in this thread also make sure that the mixer is registered to your account. It should actually show your name behind 'registered to:' on the mixer's display (Home > System > Firmware).

Frankly I haven't lost the plugins for a long time, and I do a lot of resets (not factory resets) and firmware installs. So there must be a way out of this :)
by wahlerstudios on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:00 pm
There are two reference articles in the Knowledge Base:

StudioLive Series III Fat Channel Plugins
Section providing information about Series III Fat Channel Plugins.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/s ... el-Plugins

I think it's important to delete all plug-ins and restart the mixer before installing and activating the plug-ins again. It might also help to do a factory reset before installing (reset via FX button). Save project/scenes and presets in an external UC Surface before performing the reset.
by daxjones1 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 am
I have the StudioLive 64S and I too was unable to install the Fat Channel Vol. 1 plugin set. Just a few days ago I was able to install the Fat Channel Vol. 1 plugins using the following steps:
1. Deleted the plugins via the Universal Control app
2. Restarted the mixer
3. Disconnected the USB cable that was linking the 64S mixer to my MacBook Air (M1) laptop
4. Confirmed that my 64S mixer was connected to my network router and did an IP address lease renewal from the mixer.
5. Confirmed that my router had Internet access
6. Installed the Fat Channel Vol. 1 plugin using Universal Control app via the network connection.

I had previously tried deleting and reinstalling the plugins several times using the USB connection (with and without the Ethernet port connected to my network router), but the authorization step must have been failing. It worked fine after using the network connection between the UC app and the 64S mixer. I now see all of the Fat Channel plugins in the UC app as well as in the 64S mixer.
by simonwyttenbach on Wed May 18, 2022 7:38 pm
Have the same problem here with StudioLive 32SC
Installed Fat Channel Plugins several times, sometimes they appear on the mixer, then after a reboot they don't (are greyed out in Universal Control)
I have registered my mixer online (with correct serial).

I think this problem could be related to a registration issue.
Sometimes in the settings (Home > System > Firmeware) I see my mixer registered correctly to my name. This is when the plugins show up on the mixer. Then after a reboot, it looses registration, my name does not show up in the mentioned area. And this is when the Fat Channel Plugins do not show up.

So maybe the question could be how to fix that registration problem?
Did i miss something when registering my mixer?

(I tried aswell installing the plugins via network instead of usb..as mentioned above. But this didn't help)
by wahlerstudios on Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 am
The registration problem does not affect the install of the Fat Channel plug-ins at all. Once they're installed properly, they will stay installed, even if you would never connect the mixer with Internet within the next 100 years. The registration problem should be cleared. Please ask Support for assistance.

https://my.presonus.com > Support > Create A Ticket (orange "+" button)

When the plug-ins get lost, do this:

1) Delete all plug-ins, including the firmware plug-ins

2) Restart the mixer

3) Install the plug-ins online (don't use the USB alternative)

4) Restart the mixer

Now the plug-ins will stay installed. You can use your plug-ins in five mixers. Make sure that the plug-ins are licensed (bought in the Shop and authorized).
by simonwyttenbach on Sun May 29, 2022 3:09 pm
thanks for your reply.
This might be right that the plugins stay installed, but what i can say ist that i can not access them (they do not show up on the mixer) when the registration on my mixer gets lost.
If the problem is that the registration gets lost or something else, seems not exactly clear, but in my case there is for sure a correlation between the registration and accessible/visible plugins: Always the plugins are gone on my mixer, aswell my registration on the mixer is gone (my name is missing). I tested this more than 30 times i think.

I'm in contact with the support now, and what we realised is when rolling back to firmware 2.2, the plugins and the registration seem to stay. I did restart the mixer about 15 times and aswell connect it several times via usb-cable to my windows laptop. The plugins and my registration never got lost. With firmware 2.4 or 2.5, the plugins and my registration always disappeared after some restarts (and sometimes came back.. then went again).
So it seems obvious that there is a problem in firmware 2.4/2.5, I'll keep you posted if we come to a final solution.
by wahlerstudios on Sun May 29, 2022 5:30 pm
Just an idea... 😊 UC Control has an option to stop the mixer from logging in to the PreSonus server. There is no need to be logged in when using the mixer. Turn this feature off (when the plug-ins are installed) and see what happens when you turn the mixer off and on again.
by simonwyttenbach on Mon May 30, 2022 4:12 am
wahlerstudios wroteJust an idea... 😊 UC Control has an option to stop the mixer from logging in to the PreSonus server. There is no need to be logged in when using the mixer. Turn this feature off (when the plug-ins are installed) and see what happens when you turn the mixer off and on again.

Do you mean that i just log out in UC and do not log in again?
by wahlerstudios on Mon May 30, 2022 5:45 am
Yes. You need to logged in if you want to check available updates and load files. Otherwise you don't need an online connection.The mixers do work offline. Fully functional... :)

Turn it off!
by simonwyttenbach on Mon May 30, 2022 11:29 am
ok thank you! but I think it doesnt matter if I'm connected to the internet, nor if I'm connected to uc and logged in or out, nor if i'm fully offline and just working on the mixer.. the problem did not only occur when i was connected to the Internet.. but i'll retest as soon as i have time..
But beside that, it should not happen that the plugins go away when i connect my mixer to the internet. it can not be that i can't connect my mixer to the internet because i have to fear that my plugins do not work anymore..
with firmware 2.2 it works, so they have to fix this bug in the newer firmware versions :roll: :)

another problem i had with firmware 2.5 was that when i established a usb connection to capture or UC, the first time it worked, but when i closed Capture or UC and opened it again and tried to connect to my mixer, it failed (just a rotating wheel.. but the connection did not establish). I had to unplug the usb cable and replug, only then the connection was possible.
With firmware 2.2 this problem aswell does not exist.. i can conect and unconnect as often as i want without unplugging the usb cable.
by wahlerstudios on Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 pm
It may be difficult for you to separate things now, but your USB problem has nothing to do with the Fat Channel installs. There is indeed a problem with USB and now also officials from PreSonus say that reverting back to firmware 2.4 is the "solution" or workaround, but you should also consider people like me who have no USB problem at all and the Fat Channel plug-ins stay where they are... The Fat Channel problem is a firmware problem and if you haven't done that yet, do the "Home Button Reset". Save your project/scene and preset files before on an external device (computer or tablet via UC Surface). This has solved the installation problem for some people already, so it's worth trying.

"StudioLive Series III Console - Reverting to the Factory Firmware Image"

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ware-Image
by fredrikstieglitz on Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:06 pm
Found solution.

You hafto renew ip, verify pugins and authorize user in UC.
Then it reinstalls, after reboot studiolive mixer.

Mail me if you have problems

[email protected]" target="_blank

Fredrik

34 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2