3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, new 24R owner here. This is my first foray into serious pro digital mixing, and I’m fumbling a bit in figuring out how to replicate things I’ve done with analog setups in the past.

I’m trying to setup an aux output with a 100% wet mix from one of the 4 FX processors. For example, FX A has a simple mono delay. I want send various amounts of channels from my main mix through that delay, and route the wet results to Mix Output 1 on the back. I tried, but I still get some dry signal out the main mix. Like if I plug an SM57 into channel 1, and tap on the capsule, I hear the initial tap, as well as the delay taps. It seems that I have to fade up the input on the main mix in order to get any going out to the FX, but there are some channels that I don’t want going into the main mix at all; l’m just using the preamps and eq, then sending to the FX.

Am I missing something with the pre/post settings?
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:08 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

You confuse me a bit. Your goal is an Aux output with 100% wet FX. And then you say you still have some dry signal in the Main output. That’s two different mixes on two different outputs.

The Aux part is simple. In PreSonus digital mixers the FX channels are 100% wet already. So in an Aux mix bring all (yellow) faders down except the fader for the effect and you’re done. Note that the FX mix has its own (purple) faders to choose which mixer channels go to the effect. Also note that the default setting for FX input mixes is post the (white) Main faders. But you can change that to pre1 or pre2 if you want an FX input mix independent from the (white) Main mix fader settings.

The Main output has it’s own (white faders) mix. In this mix the mixer channels are always 100% dry, and the effects processors come in on their own (white) output faders. Default these faders are set to unity (0dB) but that’s easily changed.

Hope this helps. Otherwise you have to give more details on what you want to achieve :)
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 am
Using a channel for effects only is easy to arrange. Simply unroute this channel from Main L/R. The pre/post settings are per bus and not per channel.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1