5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Coming from ecosistem of behringer and a&h it was by default that when I pressed mix or an fx bus, the main fader would then become the "master fader" for that fx, or mix or whatever was pressed.
So, is this possible on SL32sc? I got my stereo drum mix on linked mixes 7 and 8 (them being subgrups at the moment) , is it possible that when I select them that my masterfader becomes the master volume for the mix 7&8? And how?
by wahlerstudios on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 pm
That's default behavior of the mixer. When you select a flex or effect mix, the "Master" fader becomes the master send of the selected mix. The blue "Main" button brings everything back to the main mix. You can "lock" the Master fader to main mix. Check what it says there. Unlocking uses the same procedure... ;-)
by damirvukelic1 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:07 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThat's default behavior of the mixer. When you select a flex or effect mix, the "Master" fader becomes the master send of the selected mix. The blue "Main" button brings everything back to the main mix. You can "lock" the Master fader to main mix. Check what it says there. Unlocking uses the same procedure... ;-)

Then I must be doing something wrong. I held and waited till it signalled that it was unlocked but the master fader did not change a single db of my flex mix when I slid it up/down. I tried this a couple of times and nothing. Could this be because my mix is set to be a subgroup and not aux?
by wahlerstudios on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:13 pm
Unfortunately there is no visual indication if the master fader is locked or not locked. But the touchscreen always shows the mix the master fader is assigned to, when a mix is selected. A short test:

* Select your mix 7+8 (the buttons on the left side of the mixer)

* The headline of the touchscreen will show "Sub 7" or "Main"...

This works the same for all mixes and sends. The "fixed" subgroups A-D of SL 32SC and SL 16 can only be found on the "Mix/FX Masters" layer. By the way, the lock/unlock button needs about 3 to 4 seconds to change the mode of the master fader.
by damirvukelic1 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:11 am
Alright here it how it works in my case at least:

1. I was monitoring everything thru headphone output.
2. If I connect my headphones elsewhere (directly to any of the mix outputs) then it is fine, I can control Mix-send with the masterfader, unlocked from the main, of course.
3. I cannot use masterfader for the above incase mix is set to be AUX or SUBGROUP, if monitoring with headphones from the headphone output.

HOWEVER,
if a mix is set to be a MATRIX, and let's say I want to monitor my drum subgroup's stereo mix 7&8, I set the phones-monitor to listen to that stereo matrix mix, I just enter that Matrix (in my case flexmix matrix 9&10) and raise the subgroup 7&8 inside that matrix, and VOILA I can now listen that through the headphones output and control the volume of the matrix (and the 7&8 inside it) with the master fader.

This obviously has to do with that limitation to not being able to control the volume of the headphones with master fader as well. But hey, it's a workaround that doesn't annoy me.
Still I would prefer if master fader could be assigned to anything and anywhere... maybe if anyone from presonus is reading this - please include it in the next firmware.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1