FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
It simply stuns me that Presonus, being both the software developer for one of the best DAWs out there and a manufacturer of studio hardware, don't have a more comprehensive dedicated DAW controller.

I understand they have a reputation for bringing high quality products to market mainly targeted to the home studio consumer and the Faderport products are their version of DAW controllers, but every review I have seen basically states that while the products are an excellent value, they still seriously lack the features "higher end" studios would want or require.

This struck me as very odd. I am confident they do their market research, but a "serious", comprehensive controller, particularly for those that utilize Studio One certainly has it's place.

I envision something along the lines of a compact version of Digidesign's c24, perhaps expandable like the Icon products, with comprehensive and in-depth plug-in control like the MP Midi, with quality , dedicated transport control, all in a single package. ??

Does anyone else here feel like there would be a demand for this type of product and would you use it? Is Presonus missing an opportunity to gain market share with a product like this, or am I just off the rails with this one?

Feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Processor: I5 7600K
GC: MSI 1070
Ram: 32G

Kali LP-6
Berhinger Xenyx Control 2 USB
Icon G2 Pro
Icon G2 EX
by gaetzsch on Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:55 pm
Yes, you‘re right. I hope a new Faderport like the new Icon Audio V1-M / X is coming soon. Even better would be Eucon support to work with Avid S1 / S3. These items are more professional than the FP 8 / 16. Eucon would take S1 one step further. This is what many users have been waiting for years.

Windows 11, Intel I5-12600K, Gigabyte Z690 GAMING DDR4, 32 GB RAM, Presonus R65, ESP 400 Series Telecaster, Ibanez LR 750, Fender Precision Bass, Focusrite Clarett 8+ Pre, SSL UF-8, Studio One 6.5 Pro, EZ Drummer 3, Melodyne Studio, VocAlign Project 5

https://www.justsimplyclyde.com

2 posts
Page 1 of 1