FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok, Studio One peeps, quiz me this:

I look at the Faderports 8/16 and wonder what real advantage do they have over the RC app for my ipad? Have searched high and low for a comparison but find nothing to help me decide whether the Faderport would provide enough of an advantage over the app to justify the expense.

I am predominately a one man operation using virtual instruments and occasional live vocal/guitar and do all my mixing in the box.

I own a Faderport Classic that I don't use and a Soundcraft Signature 12 that works but takes up too much space.

So... can you help a fella out?
by Trucky on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:16 am
It all depends on whether you like easy access to real motorized faders, knobs and buttons etc. instead of a touchscreen that requires toggling multiple screens to control Studio One. The fact that you no longer use the Faderport Classic may indicate it's not a requirement for you. A Faderport 8 (12" x 13") will take up similar space as your Soundcraft Signature 12 (15" x 15") and a Faderport 16 is about 12" x 20". Neither provides I/O so you'll still need an audio interface or a StudioLive SIII console that provides both I/O and DAW control for Studio One. The ioStation 24c is also a good choice if you're looking for a control surface with a small footprint and don't need lots of I/O channels.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1