FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Faderport is receiving daw info. Faders and panners move on the faderport when moved with the mouse. However faderport is not controlling the session whatsoever. Faders, buttons nothing. Almost as if it’s locked out. S1 boot shows faderport failing to connect. External device dialogue in S1 shows connected both send and receive faderport 16. Session midi shows into going to FP but not receiving. Session receives all other external devices without issue. Troubleshooting steps taken:

Swapped both cables and USB ports with known working ports and cables.
Reinstalled FP driver.
Updated S1 to most recent.
Restored FP to factory.
Reinstalled FP driver again.
Mardi Gras and FP tests all function normally.
Assured FP was set natively to S1.
In device manager disabled usb sleep
Uninstalled/Reinstalled studio one.

osx 10.13 :
1T SSD
Windows 10
i9
64gb ram
Studio one 5
by Trucky on Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:45 pm
What UC and firmware versions are you running?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by brucesokolovic on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 pm
I seriously need to enable notifications. My apologies.

UC was deleted and re downloaded, so it would be most recent available. Same with Faderport Firmware. This was done during troubleshooting. Also tried factory resetting the faderport to its initial firmware. Still no good.

Further troubleshooting faderport working fine on the Mac Pro 2012 with fresh S1 V5 install. Also removed all usb devices to assure its not a current issue, just in case. Updated motherboard driver for usb as well.

S1 shows midi info being sent to FP but obviously not the other direction. S1 is receiving midi from all other external devices as expected. In S1 devices, FP16 is set both send and receive Faderport. Tried midi1(faderport) and all over available possibilities, still will not work as expected. As stated FP passes all its diagnostics, and it works as expected on my mac.

My hunch is there’s a preference or database file somewhere thats corrupt and needs to be deleted and rebuilt. Of course I’m spitballing but Im really out of troubleshooting ideas here.

Also installed Reaper. From the best I can tell, the behavior is the same there, too but this is the first I’m looking at reaper.

osx 10.13 :
1T SSD
Windows 10
i9
64gb ram
Studio one 5
by brucesokolovic on Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:00 am
As suggested in another thread, deleted the FP16 from device manager. Deleted UC. Rebooted. Reinstalled UC and the firmware. No good.

Then I simply deleted both, didnt reinstall any firmware and left UC off the computer. Still no good.

osx 10.13 :
1T SSD
Windows 10
i9
64gb ram
Studio one 5
by brucesokolovic on Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:07 am

osx 10.13 :
1T SSD
Windows 10
i9
64gb ram
Studio one 5
by Trucky on Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:25 am
What release of Windows 10 are you running?

As a test, disable any firewall or antivirus product to confirm that's not an issue.

Please submit a Support ticket (see link in my signature) if you're still having issues.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

6 posts
Page 1 of 1