FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
● FaderPort 8 + 16: On/Off for individual send slots
● FaderPort 8 + 16: Display send or cue mix slot numbers on display

Do I missing something?

Can anybody explain how does this work? How to get with Faderport 8/16 On/Off individual send slots when there is more than one send slot each track?
by Trucky on Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:31 pm
Check out sections 2.6.2 "Sends Mode" and 2.6.3 "Cue Mix Sends Mode" in the following manual:
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/FaderPort_16-8_OwnersManual_V5_EN_24092021.pdf

Also here's a good video to check out:
phpBB [video]

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by thorstenmustermann on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:40 am
Thanks @Trucky it works!

I also wish, that the Faderport bypass button does not make Insert slots On/Off but rather do what is label on the Faderport "bypass" Push button. Bypassing a plug-in is inside each SO plug-in window possible. (The native yellow button near the blue On/Off button)

Maybe this functionality is not in Mackie Control mode possible. But maybe in native SO mode?

The reason for this is:

If you have a big song project with many tracks and VST plug-ins and "bypassing" all plug-ins simultaneously, (bypassing All) you will perceive a stutter effect when some plug-ins will have relevant latency values. (In playing mode) This is awful when switching vis a vis. To bypass all plug-ins and not making those always On/Off would be a solution for this.

It also make sense the ability to suspend some plug-ins from global bypass. (On/Off) For example Sonarworks SoundID for loudspeaker correction.

As a forum moderator you should give this Faderport request straightly to the PreSonus people. ;)

3 posts
Page 1 of 1