FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone!
I've recently bought a Faderport 16. Mainly to be able to write several automations at once.
I understand how to do this for Volume etc, as well as how to assign VST-Effect parameters to the faders.

What I struggle with is assigning VST instrument parameters to a Fader.
This is how I do it:

-I select VI on Faderport, to show my virtual instrument and select it. (bx-oberhausen in this case)

-I touch the first fader on Faderport I want to assign. It shows up in top left area, see screenshot 1

- I click on the plugin parameter I want to assign (cutoff filter) It shows up in top left area, screenshot 2.

-I click the little triangle to connect those (screenshot 3)

--when assigning vst effects, this is now working, fx plugin parameter is controlled by fader 1.
but not for VST instruments. When I move the Fader, it still only changes the Volume of the VSTi.

-So I check in external devices, Faderport and can see that Filter Cutoff is assigned to Fader 1. (Screenshot 4)Focus is correctly on the VSTi.

But it when I move Fader 1, it still moves the Mixer Volume of the VSTi, not the cutoff.

What am I missing, doing wrong?

I hope anyone can help me.

Chilli

edit: I wanted to add that it works perfectly and as expected with the knobs of my Atom SQ.

Attachments
fader-to-vsti-assign-issue.jpg

1 post
Page 1 of 1