FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just updated a brand new Faderport 16 to the latest 3.44 firmware for use with Abelton 11.0.5.
I'm am setup correctly in the midi settings in Ableton with Mackie Conrol and Mackie Control XT and have all 16 faders working properly.

Below is a list of bugs I have encountered thus far:

1) SENDS and PAN BUTTON - The manual states the following: Sends. When Sends mode is active, the aux sends for the Selected channel will be displayed. The above DOES NOT happen when I press the Sends button. The scribble scrips still display Volume. All faders move up to +4db, but no control of my sends buttons (Reverb and Delay) are possible. These buttons are all screwed up, even for Pan. It seems getting the Sends info to display depends on the order that button s are pushed. For example, if I push Track then switch to Edit Plugins then Pan, the Track button lights up.It makes no sense! If Pan is lit and I press Track, then try to press Pan again, Track stays lit and I can't move to Pan mode. That entire bank of button is messed up badly.

2) SESSION NAVIGATOR - The channel button does not seem to work or only works intermittently, but even then it looks like the encoder and navigation buttons work in reverse. Push the next button and you bank to the left. Move the encoder to the left and you bank right. And when I can even get it to do that, only the Select buttons light up, the selected banks do not change in Abelton. Furthermore only banks 1-5 seem to "work".

3) As indicated in the manual: . Read. Enables Follow Mode. Note: At the time of publication, this button does not illuminate when Follow Mode is enabled or disabled. This still is not fixed.

4) At certain times track #10 shows the number 0160103 in the scribble strip instead of the relevant information.

5) Per the manual: Link. Back to Arrangement. The Link button will be blue if there is a clip currently playing in Session view. This appears not to work. When a clip is playing the Link button is lit up (white), but when I press it the clip stops. Back to arrangement does not work. If in session view and I push the Link button, nothing happens unless a clip is playing, in which case, it stops the clip.

There may be other bugs I have missed, or I may be doing something wrong. I will be opening up a ticket to see if these are known. Also, where are the Firmware update notes? I can't find them anywhere?

This seems like a ridiculous amount of issues for a brand new controller with regularly updated firmware. Can anyone from Presonus give me some help here. What is going on? Am I doing something wrong with my setup in Abelton?

As an aside, it looks like 3.44 has finally fixed the unity level / +4dB bug that was an issue in Abelton. Now all faders match to Unity gain when the DAW is also at 0 dB.
by Bbd on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:31 pm
Please contact Support with these issues.
They can log them that way.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jeremycote1 on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:36 am
I submitted a ticket. Hopefully, these issues can be fixed. There is not a lot of information on the 3.44 firmware. Where are the release notes? That would be helpful and is standard practice for manufacturers. Presonus does not include this info on the download section of their website.

If these issues can't be fixed then I will be returning my unit.

I played around with the Sends button some more and it looks like whatever was done to fix the Unity / +4dB bug previously for track volume and fader positioning has negatively impacted functionality of the Sends function. When I go from Track to Sends, the faders all jump to +4dB, but the scribble strips stay on volume. If you cycle through to Pan and back to Sends eventually the faders all move to the bottom and the Send tracks display properly on the scribble strips. Then when you hit Track, the Pan button lights up!!
by jontangenes on Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:31 pm
You can always go back to factory settings...

4 posts
Page 1 of 1