FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone! Happy Holidays!

New FP16 owner, and really digging the product so far!

However, Since I got the unit about 10 days ago, I noticed that ALL the button LEDs appear very 'jittery' and are flickering in unison. Its not really dramatic, but its definitely noticeable and pretty annoying, especially in lower lighting. This isn't a cheap product, so I'm surprised to see this.

Nerd alert: It almost looks like what happens when you try to dim non-dimmable LED lighbulbs, try to use an older dimmer switch that's not LED bulb-compatible, or when you dim LED lights or lighstrips to their very lowest brightness level.

I purchased the unit from Sweetwater, and they agreed this is not normal behavior. They sent a replacement, which I have just verified does the SAME THING. I tried the new power supply too just to be sure - no difference. I am plugged into a Furman power conditioner that I use with my MacBook Pro, external drives and other key gear, so I don't think there's a power issue. I even tried unplugging the USB cable, to make sure there wasn't nose coming across that connection. I have multiple other pieces of gear with lighted soft-buttons, and none of them do this.
I'm at firmware 3.44, which UC indicates is up to date.

I'm stumped...

Has anyone else seen this? Thoughts?

PreSonus Support is next, if no luck here...

Thanks in advance!
Bob
by Trucky on Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:10 pm
I'm not seeing this in normal or lower lighting conditions with my FP16.
It's unusual that both your original and replacement units exhibit this issue.

Do the LEDs exhibit the same flickering issue when not plugged into the Furman?
Sounds like you have a bunch of gear... Any chance you're overloading the Furman?
Is there any unique lighting or equipment that might be causing interference?

If not, here's something to try...

1. Power on the FP16 (without USB cable plugged in) while holding down the first 2 [Select] buttons.
2. Select "Setup" then "Test" then "Turn LEDs On".
3. Observe all the brightness levels of the LEDs.

If you still see noticeable flicker, submit a Support Ticket :
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by robertmarshall3 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:55 pm
Thanks Trucky.

Do the LEDs exhibit the same flickering issue when not plugged into the Furman?
Sounds like you have a bunch of gear... Any chance you're overloading the Furman?

>> The LEDs act the same plugged into Furman or otherwise. I don't think the Furman has too much connected and others that are, have no issues, so I don't think that's the issue.

Is there any unique lighting or equipment that might be causing interference?
>> Nope its a pretty basic mancave toy room. :punk:

1. Power on the FP16 (without USB cable plugged in) while holding down the first 2 [Select] buttons.
2. Select "Setup" then "Test" then "Turn LEDs On".
3. Observe all the brightness levels of the LEDs.

>> OK did that. Nice feature. Interestingly, all the LEDS are MUCH brighter in the test mode (should they be?), and all work great - no flicker at all, and all colors work great. Interestingly, the test mode apparently doesn't include the transport controls (??), which seems a bit odd - for a test mode. I think I am support ticket-bound. Will report back if anything helpful to share.

If you still see noticeable flicker, submit a Support Ticket :
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new[/quote]
by Trucky on Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:30 pm
v3.44 firmware is installed on my FP16.
Yes, it's normal that all the LEDs will appear as bright as when they are individually selected.
Also on mine the LEDs for the Transport section are lit during that test.

You should be able to see the contrast in brightness when you run the "Turn LEDs off".

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by triplefam on Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:51 pm
Can confirm, I'm having the exact same issue!
Faderport 16. Firmware versions 3.21 as well as 3.44.
Brand new, just arrived.
LED lights bright and beautiful in Marti Gras test mode.
In Studio One, most LED lights are much dimmer, and the dimmed lights have a mild flicker.
Is there a way to get control of the LED light brightness from within Studio One? I feel like that might be a way out of this!

EDIT: Tried plugging into a less busy power outlet, and the flickering is vastly eliminated. The mute and solo buttons were noticeable before, now they aren't. Flickering of the transport controls still are a little more visible. I can only assume that a power conditioner would help overall even more.
by ansolas on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:04 am
Mine is flickering either from day one, with any Firmware version

Presonus StudioOne 6, Apple Logic Pro
__
macOS, macMini M1 1TB SSD / 16 GB RAM,
MOTU M2, Behringer X-Touch & 2*X-Touch Extender,
https://ansolas.de
by Bbd on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:49 am
To all having this issue, please create a Support ticket.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ansolas on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 am
Bbd wroteTo all having this issue, please create a Support ticket.
Thanks.

They won't help us in anyway so why wasting time ?

__
by Bbd on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:31 am
Have you tried?

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ansolas on Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 am
Bbd wroteHave you tried?

Last Time I opened a ticked regarding the Fader Resolution bug, they told me that I have to return the unit since it is broken.

I doubt that it was a hardware defect and just bought a new FaderPort 16 which had the same issue after updating to the latest firmware. The Factory firmware do not have this issue.

I wrote that to the support and then me was told it is a know firmware bug and work is in progress.
Why not being just honest and admit that there is an bug from the beginning.
It would be a lot better than asking a customer to pay to get his device repaired, even tho it is not nessesary and known that it is NOT broken.
:evil:

Acting like this destroys reputation!

THAT's why I lost my confidence in the Ticket support.

Got it ?

I wait for the day that change, since I quite like the FaderPort and StudioOne even tho there are some bugs.

And I am not the only one btw :hunf:

––– –– –

Regarding the flicker, the brand new FaderPort 16 has the same issue's.

––– –– –
We can exclude my computer either since I recently bought a brand new macMini, to which attached, the FP16 behaves exactly the same.

__
by turkmentari on Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 pm
I have the same issue with my FP16. All LEDs are working to full brightness when I test them. I am not sure what exactly causing this flickering, but I think it could be an easy fix by a proper new firmware.

Cheers

11 posts
Page 1 of 1